Weird Gallery issue - TB

m3ls

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
1st off I want to say I love the site. Longtime reader, first time poster.

Ok so I searched around the forums and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. After taking some videos and pics on my phone I go to post a few on FB and when I open the Gallery app (stock) my new pics/vids don't appear. Weird thing is pics/vids I have deleted reappear until I restart my phone. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue or even noticed it. I'm not against using a different gallery app as a fix, I just find it really strange that this constantly happens. Thanks in advance for any help, this community is great!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This usually happens because the phone needs to "rescan" the SD card. You've probably noticed that it scans the SD card during boot ('cuz is says so in the upper left of the notification bar). So, rebooting usually takes care of this issue.

If not, there is said to also be an app on the Market called "SDrescan" that you can execute to rescan the card.

Also, you might be able to get them to reappear by using the built-in menus and doing and Unmount SD followed by a Mount SD card operation.

-Frank

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I have another weird gallery issue.

Sometimes when I open my gallery the words with friends app has installed a bunch of pictures, mostly advertisement pictures, in with the pictures I have taken and downloaded.

anyway I can block this?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have another weird gallery issue.

Sometimes when I open my gallery the words with friends app has installed a bunch of pictures, mostly advertisement pictures, in with the pictures I have taken and downloaded.

anyway I can block this?
Have you already tried the Gallery Show/Hide Options?

-Frank

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You can also look around for how to create a .nomedia file. From reading, this stops the gallery from displaying picture files from folders with the .nomedia file present.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Weird Gallery issue - TB back pic.

This usually happens because the phone needs to "rescan" the SD card. You've probably noticed that it scans the SD card during boot ('cuz is says so in the upper left of the notification bar). So, rebooting usually takes care of this issue.

If not, there is said to also be an app on the Market called "SDrescan" that you can execute to rescan the card.

Also, you might be able to get them to reappear by using the built-in menus and doing and Unmount SD followed by a Mount SD card operation.

-Frank

Did what you said, got all my pic. back. Thank you.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames