Weird sound, double swipe, double clock not talkback issue though

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My mum has a weird problem with his phone. I am not sure which one, I guess it might be few generations now.

Everything I do on the phone now needs to be double swipe. No longer single swipe. Also when clicking the apps, it needs to be double tap. There is this blue box which highlights everything you touch. Also, while going to any menu or swiping, the phone gives a verbal sound. Like Settings, app settings and so forth. It looks like it was being setup for the blind and people with hand gesture problems since single swipe now does not work. I have check talkback, it is not pre-installed and all looks good. Please help me to help her!

Does anyone know how to solve this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like they have a visibility Accessibility feature enabled. It causes the user to have to verify that the selection they're trying to make by making them select it twice. I'm surprised you didn't mention that it's reading the selection to them. Let's say you want to open Chrome, you touch it, there phone says Chrome so you're aware of the selection that was made, then you touch it again to open the app. If you don't find the issue in Accessibility settings let us know for more advice.