Weird text message from unknown sender

thisizsic

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
well this sucks. i've been getting them for awhile now too. it always comes in just 1 day and i get them on the hour for several hours. sad to see there's no solution to it yet. i'm running stock ics.

Grey_girl

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
this is the issue "Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) which the Nexus S 4G does not support at this time.Please educate customers that these messages can be ignored and that there is no way to block them." that is what sprint said...

I received different information. When I had the problem two weeks ago, I was told by Sprint that they were unable to identify the origin of the texts.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it is some national alert system, I notice I get them when the weather starts to get a little crazy where I live.My girlfriend on tmobile gets a alert when the weather gets crazy also.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The national alert system thing sounds about right. I got a text yerterday from them on my GNex and my parents got one on thier N24G. Mine came through fine but theirs was all jumbled.

danisnotstan

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I also get these only when the weather is bad so I'm assuming its the new weather alerts that supposedly don't work on ns4g. My work phone is a Verizon dumb phone that gets weather alerts and they always come on the same days.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I used to get these all the time when I had my NS4G (one day I got well over 100 of them), while my wife never got them at all on her Optimus S (either garbled like this thread shows or readable emergency texts). Last week I got a Galaxy Nexus so I gave my wife the NS4G. Now she gets them all the time and I don't get anything on the Galaxy Nexus, either garbled or readable. So it's phone-specific, not tied to a phone number. Very odd.