Well it IS waterproof

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my Note9 under water photoshoot. Only problem is that the display gets ghost touches. But I can triger video above surface or take photo with volume key.

I wont last in 4,5m dept. Now for sure. Mine went broken, water inside the lenses etc. But I know it, but it was accident;-)

I shoot in variety indoor pools. I can give you some photos later on.

*I also did use my previous Note8 and S9+ for taking photos and videos under water.

ALWAYS AROUND 1M DEPT AND FOR SHORT PERIOD, 10-15MIN MINUTES.

Dont forget you can use the stylus underwater too. But as you mentioned I too used the volume key to trigger shots with my s8+

I havent used my Note 9 underwater yet but I have used my S8+ in the water....alot. Swimming pools, Lake Michigan, water park etc and never had an issue other than the "moisture detected in charger port" notification that goes away when the port is dry.
Dont be afraid to use the phone in water guys, it will be fine ??????

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi! I did not get s-spen to work under water, as a remote to take pictures. Yes I know that you can write with it.
I always photo shoot about ten minutes and now I think, mayby less than that. And near surface on max 0,5m - 1m below surface. After using it in pool, I wash it under drink water. I have been using screen protector film in front and back. They stays very well! With this Note9 I in first time Whitestone dome class protector and haven´t yet take it under water for photo shootin. I´ll do that in some day for sure.

I´m sorry that I have only two pictures with Note9, I have lost all pictures in that sad day when my Note9 drowned to 4,5m dept pool. They are screen shots, I lost original photos.
Here are two with Note 9

Screenshot_20181016-213913_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181016-214419_Facebook.jpg

S9+
43552141090_c176fbdc8d_o.jpg

Note 8
44453768905_fa0f9e2591_o.jpg

Last edited:

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
It’s not waterproof. Be careful. Big difference between waterproof and water resistant.

This. It is DEFINITELY NOT waterproof. It also isn't tested to withstand current, temperatures outside of "room temperature", any type of a current, any usage while wet or any kind of chemicals, such as chlorine, salt water, etc.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't be pu**y's. I've been using Samsung's under the water, in pools, oceans, gym sinks, etc since the S6 Active. None of them had water issues, not 1 problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use my spen in the shower to change the music track. Other then that ive never dipped the phone in the water.
IP68 doesn't mean protection against air, humid, full of steam, or not. Fill the inside of the phone with steam from the shower, then let it cool and you have a phone full of water.

Don't be pu**y's. I've been using Samsung's under the water, in pools, oceans, gym sinks, etc since the S6 Active. None of them had water issues, not 1 problem.
Some phones are almost waterproof, some will leak under a gentle stream from a sink faucet. You've been lucky. Please don't suggest that others take the same chances, unless you're prepared to pay for their phone repairs.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
working in mobile we test the water resistance a lot and Samsung always delivers... despite the iPhones water resistance rating it under performed in that area. thank God for demos

tarvs

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Water Resistant not water proof. Also water damage is not covered under warranty.

I can confirm it voids the warranty. Do not risk it. Used my phone well within the IP68 rating and it failed. Fought with Samsung for a month to back their claims of and finally received confirmation Samsung would replace my phone. Two weeks after they received my phone it was approved internally for replacement. Three weeks after approval and I still haven't received a phone. Multiple calls and multiple escalations to Executive Relations (case management). Support has been and continues to be a nightmare. Keep your phones out of the water.

pa4ul

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
IP68 doesn't mean protection against air, humid, full of steam, or not. Fill the inside of the phone with steam from the shower, then let it cool and you have a phone full of water.

so using your though process if I go into fog and use my phone does that mean when I get outta fog the phone will be full of water also??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Fog is water droplets suspended in air, so if the phone is waterproof you're fine.

Steam is a gas, so it's not the same thing.

pa4ul

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Fog is water droplets suspended in air, so if the phone is waterproof you're fine.

Steam is a gas, so it's not the same thing.

By definition steam and wet steam are two different forms of steam. Regardless its water and can get into your phone. Too bad my bathroom is so big steam doesn't have any chance to build up. Carry on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac