What about the Motorola Atrix 3?

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there any new info on the Atrix 3? This looks like it will be a great phone. Personally I think all of these new phones that are being announced are a big fail with their battery sizes. People want phones that will last all day. Several manufacturers stated that 2012 would address that. It seems like only Motorola gets it. Most upper end phones all have basically the same specs except for screen size and type. Battery size and being able to last all day is a major differentiator. Which ever companies realize this will sell tons of phones.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I kind of figured Motorola would have had something new/updated for AT&T by now. Haven't even heard of anything coming from them down the road.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
well I figure they would want to give the Atrix 2 at least a year. Us 4G owners felt kind of pissed when they brought out the Atrix 2 just a few months later.

I really want to see the AT&T line up of Android phones improve. It is really lacking compared to the others and by far the weakest out of the big 4 in the US.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
well I figure they would want to give the Atrix 2 at least a year. Us 4G owners felt kind of pissed when they brought out the Atrix 2 just a few months later.

I really want to see the AT&T line up of Android phones improve. It is really lacking compared to the others and by far the weakest out of the big 4 in the US.

How is it the weakest? They have the sgs2, skyrocket, note, vivid, nitro hd, not to mention they are getting the one x and the other phones they showed awhile back. Verizon is lacking and wish they would get more phones like at&t has.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just found something about a possible quad core Atrix 3 in the works. Forgot to grab the link, it was from February. So would assume they want to be in the mix when the Galaxy S3 & Iphone 5 roll out?

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
This is a rumors area, so there is obviously no telling what AT&T will do or if they will get an Atrix3. Lets hope it has a more generic launcher/UI/overlay/desktop whatever, because my experience with my Atrix2 is not that spectacular. It is a decent device with great battery life. I just hope the next one will have a useful cell phone; mine drops calls left and right (my AT&T BlackBerrys never did) and this thing cannot end a call with the end call button (which is curious as the other 2 A2 devices I had also suffered the same issues) which is also unlike my BlackBerrys. I sure hope AT&T would get some marketing going for upcoming devices or at least market other thanks the iphone.

Last edited:

max_stirling

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Why does anyone really care about the Atrix 3. As a former Atrix user (now a Note user), the Atrix was buggie and frustrating. I paid extra for an open market Note just to get away from my one year old Atrix. I was drawn by the incredible specs (at the time) of the Atrix when it came out, but it's execution was crappy and was released too early. The phone almost made me swore off Motorola forever until the Droid Razr and Razr Maxx came out.

murphy_31047

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You must have had a bad Atrix. I used an Atrix for almost a year and never had any issues with it. That was a very nice phone and if the same phone would have come with a much larger screen I would have gotten that. Its a very fast and smooth running phone. Now I've been bitten by the big screen bug. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

richardpaul

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Motorola may have an ATRIX‭ ‬3‭ ‬up its sleeves and it could feature ultra-high end features,‭ ‬such as a quad-core processor,‭ ‬if recent rumors are to be believed.‭

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how long Verizon has exclusivity on the RAZR brand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon also has exclusivity on the Droid brand

I'm not talking about the DROID brand. I'm talking about the RAZR line. It seems as though Verizon has the US exclusive on the RAZR (as the DROID RAZR). The RAZR is available outside of the US.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ATnTguy

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
i personally think that an Atrix 3 would compete with all the phones that are going to be released soon. I think that if they went with a quad core processor they have to make sure that the battery life last long enough at least 15 hours. I have had the first Atrix and used the Atrix 2 and I think that the first one was better than the 2nd. I think that releasing it along with the Iphone 4s was a bad idea and I think they focused on making the phone cheaper by putting lower specs and crossed their fingers and hope that they make a lot of sales due to the price difference of Atrix 2 against the iphone 4s. Atrix line up should make a come back. I love my Atrix and I am still using it. Also you will not appreciate the Atrix as much as other users do if you never used the Webtop dock and HDMI dock. If anyone still has the Atrix I would recommend getting one of those accessories since they are about 80% cheaper than they were. lapdock at amazon is on $80 and HDMI dock is $40. tha's a bargain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey