What all does battery saver affect?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about using.. I actually used smart actions on my old razt maxx. But I'm not sure how much it cuts down performance.. Or what it shuts off.

Thanx

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about using.. I actually used smart actions on my old razt maxx. But I'm not sure how much it cuts down performance.. Or what it shuts off.

Thanx

It can depend on the battery saver. Some cut performance from the beginning, like you suggested. Others engage when the battery reaches a certain level. Personally, I dislike them. I used to use the battery saver on my S3, and never noticed much of a saving, so I stopped.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
On my note2 the battery saver seemed to actually make it worse lol.. I could get all day w it w pretty steady use..

Was just curious about this one.. I won't mess w it until I feel I need to

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On my note2 the battery saver seemed to actually make it worse lol.. I could get all day w it w pretty steady use..

Was just curious about this one.. I won't mess w it until I feel I need to

Samsung used to have their saver set up so that if you hit a certain level, it would automatically turn off things like GPS, WiFi, etc...

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

ashmerae

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Great question. I was wondering about this myself and tried searching forums with no success. Event went to Motorola's site and didn't get anything there either.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If u click on battery saver under options it tells you that it doesn't do anything until the battery gets low. On some phones it underclocks the CPU. With this processor having different dedicated cores for things, that wouldn't really do anything. So it just lowers brightness and stops sync on asps when the battery gets low.
uvege4y9.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377384740555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377384740555.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40