What are the real reasons why Apple is hated so much?

SASavva86

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I thought I would start this thread (probably already is a thread on this lol) to get to the bottom of why people hate Apple so much. I recently sold my Moto G 4G as funny enough I was irritated with the Android OS and the fact that SkyGo was not compatible with my phone (at the time). I then bought an iPhone 4S and have never been so happy. I still like Android and I think with 'Material Design' the new Android L OS is looking good but for me iOS 8.1 just feels so much better. What do you guys think?

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
As an Apple Fan Girl, I don't hate Apple. I have a Macbook (which nothing nothing nothing can make me go back to Windows), an iPad (2nd one) and have had 4 iPhones. This last release of the iPhone 6 was the first time in a loooooong time that I've been disgusted with Apple. I felt like I've been chasing the same dern phone for a long time. I mean I walked into the AT&T store get test out the iPhone 6 and I literally felt like I was holding a bigger iPhone 2G. Nothing new to Wow me. Apple hasn't worked for my money in the cellular department and with that being said. I canceled my iPhone 6+ order and my beautiful Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to arrive tomorrow.

That's just my 2 cents.

SASavva86

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm the complete opposite. Even though I only ever owned an iPhone 4S I have still played around with an iPhone 5, 5S and recently went to the Apple Store to try out the new iPhone 6. Loved them all although due to my small hands I found the 6 slightly uncomfortable one handed...two handed it felt great :). I agree the Note 4 looks incredible but that's how I felt before I bought the Galaxy S3! I remember getting it on contract with T-Mobile and when I took it out the box I thought..''WOW this is amazing.'' First few weeks I was glued to it. Then the lag started to get the better of it, then for some reason my songs began to stutter mid-way through and then stop! The final straw was always constantly having to find a work around to solve issues on the Android OS (in this case with TouchWiz on top) which led me to buy a second hand iPhone 4S :). That's when I fell in love with Apple and proud to say it. Don't get me wrong I like Android and maybe I should of got a Nexus instead but something about Apple that just sits perfectly with me. Also I don't understand how people can say Apple is all about the money when they give a lot of stuff for free. Does Microsoft give Windows for free like Yosemite? I don't think so. Enough said really. I am interested in this new 'Material Design' though so maybe tempted to get the Nexus 9. Also the size of the Nexus 6 is just ridiculous for a phone!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't hate apple per se, that would imply I wish them ill, I simply dislike apple's product and its business practice.

Its RDF is wrapped with lies to dodge flaws of its product and attack other untruthfully.

1. oh "PC has 44,000 viruses!" No matter vast majority are old and are worms instead of viruses. Funny when OSX began to get worms, apple fans suddenly noticed the difference and insist OSX has no "viruses" because those were "worms".

2. "our font display is better because it most accurately reflect the printed result!" Thats the excuse they used to defend the fuzzy font in safari when released to windows. Give me a Break!

3. "we don't want to work with NBC because they demand to raise price on tv shows by $4/episode!" No matter thats simply a lie, and since then HULU was created and seemingly doing well.

4. "you are holding it wrong!"

5. "it won't bend!"

6. "iWork is just as good, if not better than MS office!" No matter its a pile of crap that will never meet the requirement for any professional activities.

etc

Its whole ecosystem is build on the principle to get customers buy more, buy often:

1. You have an iPhone/iPod? You NEED an iTunes! No matter the iTunes is a piece of sluggish trash of software on windows.

2. You want more storage? $100 please

3. Sorry the battery is sealed, come back in two years and buy a new one!

Its a greedy company lives on selling the lies.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't hate them, I dislike a lot of things about the company and the fanatics who think that the company can do no wrong.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Disclaimer: im seriously considering a iphone 6 as my next device. I dont think its apple products as much as the building backlash from years of apple product faithfuls bragging about how much better apple products are.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Disclaimer: im seriously considering a iphone 6 as my next device. I dont think its apple products as much as the building backlash from years of apple product faithfuls bragging about how much better apple products are.

Lots of people are... No big deal with me.

I think the big Android fans just dislike any locked down os, and I am pretty sure most never liked the seemingly endless lawsuits being filed all the time and the notion that every new feature in ios is a idea thought up and implemented first by Apple while most has been available on Android for some time. Then there's the price of the phones too....

I'll certainly give them credit for their high quality advertising and marketing... Everything pales by comparison with that but to me you really have to want into that cult bad to not choose one of the high-end Android phones instead or already invested in their ecosystem.

I suppose if a person never tires of the look of their device or just wants to try something different and doesn't mind the lack of customization or other options available to them with a Android choice then it would suit their needs very well.

I don't see the need for most of the outright hatred heaped upon them myself but know that this won't ever change with the US vs Them attitude many people have for anything that Apple markets and the same can be said about some of what those folks say about any Android.

It's a vicious cycle....... Not ending anytime soon

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
This last release of the iPhone 6 was the first time in a loooooong time that I've been disgusted with Apple. I felt like I've been chasing the same dern phone for a long time. I mean I walked into the AT&T store get test out the iPhone 6 and I literally felt like I was holding a bigger iPhone 2G. Nothing new to Wow me.
This is more or less how I felt with the iPhone 6 release. I kept up on the rumors religiously and there was only a couple different renders that I liked and would have gladly bought the second I could've. But then when I saw the latest leaks of the device were what ultimately were the new models, I was disappointed. I went to the Apple store and checked out both phones and I actually liked the 6+ more but neither were really what I was looking/hoping for.

I had my last three iPhones jailbroken and to be honest, iOS 7 jailbroken is a beautiful OS, as my iPad I'm typing on currently is. With the jailbreak I was able to remove a lot of the clutter and improve animation speeds etc of the Device and made it a much more enjoyable experience. I was going to keep my iPhone 5 until a JB was released for iOS 8 (thought it would be Christmas or so but there's already one out) and then get the new iPhone, but the design of the device made me say nah, not for me. Was originally set on the Alpha until I spent time with the S5. I do miss my iPhone at times, but only for the JB features honestly. It was extremely stable and finally felt like a polished OS

Aside from that, I think there was just a lot of features that Apple lacked for many years (many they still do) that made so many people "hate" on them. I was happy for many years, but I never hated on any device or OS. My phone worked for me and that's all that mattered to me personally. Everyone copies everyone in this game, so it's pointless to say "xxx copied xxx's idea" because it's just the way things seem to go. I do think Apples marketing is kind of ridiculous, like why do they have to call their late jump to the NFC game "Apple Pay "? It's not a new technology, it's just new to their device. It's great that they are able to market their product and software so well, but it's just that. Marketing.

I do look at those with the new iPhone and part of me thinks I still want one, but I'm still fairly new to Android and still getting used to it. Now that there's the iOS jailbreak out I do wish I'd of given it a shot, but I weigh out the pros of my desicion to switch and they definitely outweigh sticking with Apple for me personally.

Aside from all my rambling, they're both great OS's so I don't see the need to hate :)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I thought I would start this thread (probably already is a thread on this lol) to get to the bottom of why people hate Apple so much. I recently sold my Moto G 4G as funny enough I was irritated with the Android OS and the fact that SkyGo was not compatible with my phone (at the time). I then bought an iPhone 4S and have never been so happy. I still like Android and I think with 'Material Design' the new Android L OS is looking good but for me iOS 8.1 just feels so much better. What do you guys think?

The main reason for the Apple "hate" is just their hypocrisy. Things that they criticize on other platforms suddenly become magical and innovative when they are on an iPhone. Widgets, Live Wallpapers, and large formfactors are a great example of this. Criticized for years by Apple people, and now suddenly great ideas. Apple sues people over copying, and then copies themselves...the hypocrisy has just gotten blatant. This is why Apple gets so much criticism.

That's not why I dislike Apple personally though. For me it is simple functionality. I don't like closed systems in general. Using iPhones for me is an unpleasant experience...I feel like I am constantly having to try to trick the phone into doing what I want it to do. I can't use 3rd party app stores, I can't sideload (this matters to me because Apple has a history of censoring stuff), Can't use widgets on the desktop, can't use NFC (which they finally added) for anything other than Apple pay. Can't set 3rd party apps as the default for anything except keyboards. I don't like that it has no file system and I can't use a file manager. I don't like the lack of a remote app install feature (I use this almost exclusively now for downloading apps on Android).

I have recommended Apple products to people before. But I don't think they are for everyone. I have always maintained there are people for whom iOS products make sense, as long as thay meet these conditions:

1) You have to not care about what it can't do
2) You need to have deep pockets

If those two things are true, you should get an Apple product IMO.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There are more important things to hate in life than a company's marketing message.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
There are more important things to hate in life than a company's marketing message.

I think "hate" is a gross exaggeration. In this context, "hate" just means annoyance and irritation. No one hates Apple in the way you might hate a serial killer or your ex wife.

And yeah, I think it is perfectly reasonable to be irritated with a company's business practices or marketing message. Especially when media outlets (even Android outlets) fawn over them so much.

Are there more important things to be annoyed with? Sure there are. Just like there are more important things to be discussing than phone technology.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think "hate" is a gross exaggeration. In this context, "hate" just means annoyance and irritation. No one hates Apple in the way you might hate a serial killer or your ex wife.

And yeah, I think it is perfectly reasonable to be irritated with a company's business practices or marketing message. Especially when media outlets (even Android outlets) fawn over them so much.

Are there more important things to be annoyed with? Sure there are. Just like there are more important things to be discussing than phone technology.

Hate doesn't need to be in air quotes.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hate doesn't need to be in air quotes.

It does when it's not real hate. Thats what air quotes are for.

Do you honestly think people hate Apple the way that Hitler is hated? It is clearly hyperbole. These are just phones. No one really hates anything having to do with a mere tech product. It's ridiculous. They are not that important to anyone, not even fanboys.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All I have to do is read a person's post history. Hate is hate.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All I have to do is read a person's post history. Hate is hate.

And this is an internet discussion forum. Hate is often mild annoyance that is amplified by the medium. He's not sitting in his basement with pictures of Apple execs pinned to a board while he stuffs envelopes with anthrax.

Don't confuse the thoughts and opinions that people post here with reality.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hate is still hate.

Why is Apple hated so much?

Answer: People let themselves get fired up about things they don't agree with that don't really affect them.

It's still not as serious as some posts and posters make it out to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital