What are you listening to?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Love this! Thanks for the introduction to some great R&B.
Great! 👍 I really love their music too. :cool: And was first introduced to it on Prairie Home Companion, back around 2013/14 I think, as I used to listen to their 2-hour radio variety show every weekend, that aired live from 1974 to 1916. Bringing magnificent radio listening joy to North America for 2 hours every weekend. I started recording the PHC radio shows in 2010, back when TuneIn was just 'TuneIn', with the free 'Recording' option, before the app started fleecing & gouging their faithful customers —with their $120 per year so-called 'premium' option —that they continually shove down all listeners' throats. :rolleyes:
But I digress . . . where was I? Oh yeah . . .
It was so sad when PHC ended !=(( But as they say, 'Nothing lasts forever'. =(( It was one of the greatest live radio shows of all time, and such a brilliant shining example of the greatest Americana radio of all time!

Prairie Home Companion Show - June 4, 2016 - "Originally broadcast from the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia. Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder bring the bluegrass melodies and lightning-fast picking, and Christine DiGiallonardo joins us to sing a few duets with the host and add her voice to our acting company. Plus: that Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Georgia's own Fred Newman; pianist and music director Rich Dworsky steers the house band (drummer Bernie Dresel, Larry Kohut on bass, Richard Kriehn on mandolin and fiddle, and Chris Siebold on guitar) through steamy Southern songs; and an update from Lake Wobegon." -- youtube.com/watch?v=y6SFofxsvvQ

Pokey LaFarge performs "Riverboat Shuffle" during our June 14, 2014 broadcast --
youtube.com/watch?v=zFiZnkUqR_s

Last edited:

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Great! I really love their music too. :cool: And was first introduced to it on Prairie Home Companion, back around 2013/14 I think, as I used to listen to their 2-hour radio variety show every weekend, that aired live from 1974 to 1916. Bringing magnificent radio listening joy to North America for 2 hours every weekend. I started recording the PHC radio shows in 2010, back when TuneIn was just 'TuneIn', with the free 'Recording' option, before the app started fleecing & gouging their faithful customers —with their $120 per year so-called 'premium' option —that they continually shove down all listeners' throats. :rolleyes:
But I digress . . . where was I? Oh yeah . . .
It was so sad when PHC ended !=(( But as they say, 'Nothing lasts forever'. =(( It was one of the greatest live radio shows of all time, and such a brilliant shining example of the greatest Americana radio of all time!

Prairie Home Companion Show - June 4, 2016 - "Originally broadcast from the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia. Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder bring the bluegrass melodies and lightning-fast picking, and Christine DiGiallonardo joins us to sing a few duets with the host and add her voice to our acting company. Plus: that Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Georgia's own Fred Newman; pianist and music director Rich Dworsky steers the house band (drummer Bernie Dresel, Larry Kohut on bass, Richard Kriehn on mandolin and fiddle, and Chris Siebold on guitar) through steamy Southern songs; and an update from Lake Wobegon." -- youtube.com/watch?v=y6SFofxsvvQ

Pokey LaFarge performs "Riverboat Shuffle" during our June 14, 2014 broadcast --
youtube.com/watch?v=zFiZnkUqR_s

I used to listen to PHC too. Great show that feature some great music/musicians that was out of the mainstream.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josie xara