What case are you using.

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
So true AND at less than half the price!! :D

Could you post pics of both side by side and try to take side profile pics so we can get some perspective of bulk....if you have both that is, lol! :)

They are nearly identical. The Acase seems like it's width is less because the button covers lay flush while the Commuter's protrude.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
They are nearly identical. The Acase seems like it's width is less because the button covers lay flush while the Commuter's protrude.

Thanks good to know! Thanks!!

So the only real difference between the two would be price. I also believe I read somewhere that the OB's rubber/silicone is slightly thicker than the Acase's which would explain why its harder to press the buttons on the commuter.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday i Ordered a Tech21 D3O Impact Band Bumper Case for my S3 from here and got a zagg case installed. has anyone tried this case out? if so is it bulky? if you have pics please share

anon(855420)

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
In case people were interested - pics of both the white Breathe case and the orange slim soft feel case on pebble blue

Thanks for the pictures! I just ordered the white Breathe case and a slim case in Coral Blue. I kind of wish I got an orange one now too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks good to know! Thanks!!

So the only real difference between the two would be price. I also believe I read somewhere that the OB's rubber/silicone is slightly thicker than the Acase's which would explain why its harder to press the buttons on the commuter.

The silicone on the Commuter is definitely less flimsy, and the plastic has a more durable feel, that's not to say the Acase doesn't look and feel good though. They are both very good quality, but you can tell the silicone and plastic Otterbox uses is top notch. The reason the bottons are so hard to press from what I can tell is Otterbox put a big wad of their firm silicone over the buttons. Whereas, Acase put a light layer of their more pliable silicone over the buttons. Acase's design is a million times better and feels satisfying. The Commuter was clunky, unresponsive, and mushy.

I can't recommend it for various reasons. The main things the Acase has over the Otterbox other than cost are the buttons. Also, Acase made an indent in the silicone around the home button which makes it that much easier to press. Depending on what you prefer, but the Acase also doesn't have flaps over the Micro USB and earphone ports. I think they just got in the way personally. Don't buy the Commuter if you plan on taking the case off a lot either. It's not something you will want to do often.

I'm sure the Otterbox will protect your phone better, but I found the Acase much less of a hindrance.

Kevinskeep

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Black Trident aegis on my marble white. Looks and feels great. Kind of a pain to get on and off, but i usually keep it on so its not really a bother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE this case! buttons are way easier to press than otterbox, it feels slim, can't beat the price, and I think it looks great!

Thats what I've been trying to tell these people but they won't listen, lol! Glad to hear you love yours cause I love mine! :D

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Got the Acase Superleggera Pro black/white. Really like and it slides in and out of my leather belt holster no problem. Ordered from Amazon. Half the price of my canceled Otterbox Commuter (too delayed). I like how this case has a big enough cutout for the micro usb to fit. I had a cheapy case on before and I had to tug on it to get the power plug all the way in. And the power button is so easy to push with this Acase.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Got the Acase Superleggera Pro black/white. Really like and it slides in and out of my leather belt holster no problem. Ordered from Amazon. Half the price of my canceled Otterbox Commuter (too delayed). I like how this case has a big enough cutout for the micro usb to fit. I had a cheapy case on before and I had to tug on it to get the power plug all the way in. And the power button is so easy to push with this Acase.

Sorry if already posted but what holster did you get that the acase works with?

TIA

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Could you take some pictures of the white case? Thanks!

Last edited:

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
mkm, I love the look of the case, is there any grip to the shell portion on a slick surface. I normally place my phone on a 'shelf' in the dash of my car, so I'm looking to not have it slide around. I suppose I can put it face down and the bumpers would keep it from sliding? Just curious. Plus you sold me on red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali