What Cyanogen features are you using?

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just received my 1+1 yesterday and want to know what cyanogen features you guys are using.

I am using a new theme and that is it so far. What am I missing?

Posted via the Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Knock on and off. Torch. Swipe left for Google now. Lock screen quick settings and right now I'm using an android L theme. That's what I use at the moment I can think of. You can customize the hardware buttons or soft key buttons. Volume buttons. Play around in the settings. There's lots of options. Rooting brings more customization options. This is the first phone in history where rooting is not only allowed but encouraged

Posted via...The One

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Knock on and off. Torch. Swipe left for Google now. Lock screen quick settings and right now I'm using an android L theme. That's what I use at the moment I can think of. You can customize the hardware buttons or soft key buttons. Volume buttons. Play around in the settings. There's lots of options. Rooting brings more customization options. This is the first phone in history where rooting is not only allowed but encouraged

Great points. I forgot that I am using knock on as well. One of the reasons I picked this phone is up, is the customization without root. I am not allowed to connect to corporate email with a rooted phone..

Posted via...The One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

You'll have more customization options without root than any other android. That's for sure

Posted via...The One

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I love knock on and off. I also use the music player trace on the sleep screen. I found out rooting is as easy as starting to use the stock file manager (I think). A message pops up warning you that if you proceed you can break the phone. Although that's true of any good file manager. So, now I'm not sure. They don't explicitly say you'll root it.

From my OnePlus One...

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
You'll have more customization options without root than any other android. That's for sure

Posted via...The One

but not all android phones allow you to change as much as oneplus one (using a stock). oneplus one lets you change more right from the package.

there is enough options for me without rooting, and i cannot root because then some tv-apps wont work...

Sent from OPO.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
but not all android phones allow you to change as much as oneplus one (using a stock). oneplus one lets you change more right from the package.

there is enough options for me without rooting, and i cannot root because then some tv-apps wont work...

Sent from OPO.

I'm lost, you jumped on a quote that wasn't intended for you. And what you said is what I said in my quote you posted.

I'm saying since the phone comes with cyanogenmod you have more customization options than any other phone out the box stock. Without rooting.

Though I myself might be rooting shortly waiting on this next update

Posted via...The One

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm lost, you jumped on a quote that wasn't intended for you. And what you said is what I said in my quote you posted.

I'm saying since the phone comes with cyanogenmod you have more customization options than any other phone out the box stock. Without rooting.

Though I myself might be rooting shortly waiting on this next update

Posted via...The One

yes i think i missread your post... or though it wierd way.. i was thinking something like "You'll have more customization options without root WITH any other android. That's for sure "

Sent from OPO.

Last edited:

parkingarcade

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I like the way you start / pause the Music Player when the screen is off: draw the pause symbol ( | | ) with 2 fingers from top to bottom.
For Next song draw this symbol: >
For Previous song draw this symbol: >

Also long press the Volume buttons for same effect (next / previous track).

To take a quick foto draw a circle when the screen is off
or
when the screen is on, on the Lock Screen, swipe from right to left to got to Camera app.

I like these shortcuts.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I like the way you start / pause the Music Player when the screen is off: draw the pause symbol ( | | ) with 2 fingers from top to bottom.

or
when the screen is on, on the Lock Screen, swipe from right to left to got to Camera app.

I like these shortcuts.

I love that too, except lately I can't get those music gestures to work. :/ I hope they'll fix it in the next update.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

or

I like these shortcuts.

I never knew about the </> gestures. Just tested it and they work. Pretty cool

Posted via...The One

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
no features at all. i just redid my phone to run like my s3 but i put some new apps on here which makes it look cool.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I won't bother listing all the goodies I use but I will say that Cyanogen is the way Android really was meant to be. I'm shocked stock Android doesn't do some of the things Cy does. I love all the little additions. It's stock Android "Plus" and it really makes the experience better, easier, more fun.

I can't wait for Lollipop update to my OPO. Is there any update on when the official update will come? I know they promised by end of Jan or early Feb, or something?

Goliwog

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
  • Swipe V to activate the flashlight.
  • Double tap screen to wake up.
  • Activate the screenshot menu from the power button.
  • Double tap notification to sleep
  • Using profiles to control how the phone works in different locations

capt.ron

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
  • Swipe V to activate the flashlight.
  • Double tap screen to wake up.
  • Activate the screenshot menu from the power button.
  • Double tap notification to sleep
  • Using profiles to control how the phone works in different locations
Besides all of these I like the blacklist feature.

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I like using the on-screen buttons instead of the capacitive ones, especially the Recents button. I always found the long press on Home to break the flow of whatever I was doing.

I also like the swipe up from the bottom bezel to launch Google or, as I prefer, Dragon Assistant. But you can put anything you want there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80