Question What do hidden activities that can be opened in Activity Launcher really mean?

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
My phone doesn't have double tap to wake, only double tap to lock so I've been messing around with activity manager/activity launcher but didn't find double tap to wake. However, I didn't find double tap to lock either in the activities list even though it is there in the settings. Guess double tap to wake/double tap to lock are not activities but rather just on/off toggles so that's why they won't show in the activity manager/activity launcher... I don't know.

However, what I did find was "wave to turn screen on" activity (which is not available in the settings). I launched it and it opened the same screen but with no on/off toggle like in the picture attached.

What does this mean? That this activity is disabled on my phone? And since it is inactive there's no way to enable it via activity launcher or otherwise?

Attachments

• turn-galaxy-note-9-screen-on-without-touching-3.jpg
    turn-galaxy-note-9-screen-on-without-touching-3.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 11

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Go to Settings, Notifications , and check your DND toggle is on (pictured)
Also check your Status bar , also in notifications.
6df0079415304cbc6f8b1dc6c0861e91.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Activity launcher does give you options to find hidden menus but doesn't always allow you to activate those menus without Root. Try Nova Launcher it does have the ability to tap to lock but not sure for wake especially lock screen

Reactions: Laura Knotek