What do I lose switching to Galaxy S22 Plus from Pixel 6?

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am frustrated with the FPS and it’s inconsistent performance. So I made the the switch and ordered the S22+.

Assuming the cameras are equal (I know this is highly debatable), what software differences would you miss if you left the Pixel 6 platform? The only two that I can think of are the Google voice recorder and scam call answering software.
Your thoughts?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I've found hold for me useful a few times recently. Also caller id seems to be more up to date on Google than Samsung. A company that I deal with regularly changed their name a couple of years ago. The old name still shows up on caller id on my Samsung, not so on the pixel 6.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am frustrated with the FPS and it’s inconsistent performance. So I made the the switch and ordered the S22+.

Assuming the cameras are equal (I know this is highly debatable), what software differences would you miss if you left the Pixel 6 platform? The only two that I can think of are the Google voice recorder and scam call answering software.
Your thoughts?

I was gonna say timely monthly updates but that just isn't true any longer. At least not with my Pixel 6 Pro.
Mine skipped Decembers, I got January's near the end of February and who knows where March's update is.. not on my phone is all I can say!

David Thomas24

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Zedd you will be getting the March's update later this month may be around the end of the month the march update is still in beta for the pixel 6 that has the march update

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't assume the camera are equal...they're not.

If you switch, you will lose a dependable, punchy camera that performs great in all lighting conditions on things that aren't just perfect statues.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You get a slightly worse camera, and the "google" experience. Otherwise you gain more customization, face unlock, much better fps, video lock screens etc.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Zedd you will be getting the March's update later this month may be around the end of the month the march update is still in beta for the pixel 6 that has the march update

Yeah, I figured that, the update being in beta.. still.
My beef is Google didn't tell us, those that purchased Pixel 6 phones, that we were the beta testers for their Tensor chip.
Tensor has to be the reason why P6 phones are not getting timely updates like the rest of the serviceable line of Pixels.
Tensor was supposed to be the big bang for Pixels. Looks like a dud to me.
If they can't take care of their Flagship phone first and for most what's all the hype been about, SALES! Google making more money for Google and to hell with their loyal customers.
My P6P runs no better, no smoother, than my P4XL did.
I'm sure the update will get here but what good will March's update do me in April other than giving Google a reason to not put out any April update.
Google is starting to show a clear pattern, to me at least, like they've bit off more than they can chew.
Let's hope they don't choke on it!
It will be interesting to see how long Tensor hangs around, my guess is not long!