What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

Stallerz

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

Something really strange just happened with my MXPE
I unlocked the screen and I noticed that the colors were way too brighter than it should be, I had to restart the phone so the colors went back to normal
Anyone else experienced that?

jsl101669

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I love the phone. Really had no complaints until this week. Approach has stopped working for me after only two months (bought the phone April 29th, 2016). I have to actually physically move the phone as opposed to just waving my hand over it to get the glance screen to appear. Tried a factory reset and no dice. If I reboot the phone it works for like two minutes and then stops. Figured that was indicative of a potentially worse problem so I called Motorola and they have NO replacements available so my only option is to send them the phone and go without a phone for however long it takes them to repair it. That's not cool with me as i use the phone for business.

So I'll just have to keep calling with my ticket number ad see if they have stock. So that's a strike against the hardware and a big strike against their support for me.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I call bs on no replacements available. Then they should send you a new one. I can only hope I don't have a serious issue with mine. The light bleed on the lower left side isn't worth the hassle.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone but after having it several months I am finding the size to be annoying at times. A little smaller, not a lot, but just a bit would be better for me a lot of the time. Not a big complaint really, but next phone might be more like a 5.5" screen size. It is a sweet phone tho. Most likely keep it till it dies completely which will be unusual for me.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Love the phone but after having it several months I am finding the size to be annoying at times. A little smaller, not a lot, but just a bit would be better for me a lot of the time. Not a big complaint really, but next phone might be more like a 5.5" screen size. It is a sweet phone tho. Most likely keep it till it dies completely which will be unusual for me.

Depends on the bezels though.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5/phones/9694,10099,9462

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, I tried the 6P and noticed it was a bit larger over all. Even with screen sizes the same. Bezels do make the difference.
Really like the dual front facing speakers tho and that takes some room as well.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Moto Voice is just trash. Only works about 20% of the time. This will be the last Moto device I am getting.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Assist is just trash. Only works about 20% of the time. This will be the last Moto device I am getting.

Since Marshmallow, there's only Moto Actions, Moto Display, and Moto Voice now.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
My gripe... It gets too freaking hot. Case in point, I was playing Alto's earlier. Literally having my best run ever and had to cut it short because the phone was burning up after 10 minutes...went from 80 something degrees to 113. Around 107 it started to stutter. Freaking annoying.

I do love the phone otherwise. The build, the screen, camera, speakers, water resistance etc. are all great. That heat though!

rl71

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
My gripe... It gets too freaking hot. Case in point, I was playing Alto's earlier. Literally having my best run ever and had to cut it short because the phone was burning up after 10 minutes...went from 80 something degrees to 113. Around 107 it started to stutter. Freaking annoying.

I do love the phone otherwise. The build, the screen, camera, speakers, water resistance etc. are all great. That heat though!

I know what you mean about the heat issue. I have a windshield mount for my car, and with it plugged in to charge and only Waze running on-screen during the 20 minute drive back to my house, the GSAM Battery Monitor app indicated the device temperature had risen to 138°F = too hot to touch (which I found out the hard way). Not sure why it's heating up so much, but that can't be good for the long term health of the phone, or my fingers.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Love it, but my camera issues are really getting annoying to the point of wanting to throw it against a wall. The cam failed me again when I was out hiking and tried to take a pic of some really beautiful cloud formation with the sun showing thru just right. A once in a great while kind of shot and the camera app wouldn't open. It's either that or it opens stuck in selfie mode. So annoying. A reboot fixes it but by then the moment is passed. I'm wondering what I might have installed that would be causing the issue. Maybe a launcher, I don't know and really don't feel like spending the time messing with it. Probably won't be another moto in my future. It's def a software glitch. Thinking I'll go back to my morning reboot routine. That's worked well in the past as a general rule for smooth ops and I've kind of gotten away from it.
EDIT: I've been doing a little playing around and may have accidentally stumbled on the problem. In testing I've noticed that changing launchers causes the camera app to not be able to open until a reboot is performed. I frequently change launchers so this may be it. Was wondering how many others like to change launchers frequently and may have noticed this.

Last edited:

Isaiah 43

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
1. Bluetooth issues, sometimes others can't hear me over Bluetooth, have to reboot phone to fix.
2. Random reboots, phone randomly reboots several times a week.
3. Wifi connection problems. Phone has problems connecting to wifi daily, last year Moto X, and my Nexus 10 tablet work perfectly over the same wifi connection. This is probably my last Moto phone. I've had all 3 generations of Moto X. I'm done after this one.

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Battery life
Very distant 2: Bluetooth

Seriously, this phone would be close to perfect if the battery life was better. It really does not last very long anymore.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, battery life could be better. But for me, I wish I had the option to make the file size of pics smaller on my camera. I have to upload pics for work and if I'm in a bad signal area, where it's 3G or worse, it takes forever to upload them.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about my Moto pure is Android 6.... otherwise it's an amazing piece of hardware for the money.