What does the error code 65536 in the details of an SMS text message mean?

A

AC Question

I'm getting this error message in the details of each text message I send to only one person in my contacts error code 65536 what does that mean?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sent should be error code 0 - no error. 65536 could show on a wrap-around (65536 is 0 in 16 bits, but if the 17th bit in a 32 bit word is set, you'll see 65536 - it could result from an incomplete conversion of the app from 16 bot to 32 bit.)

redjosh

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I've begun seeing this error code recently too.
Mainly with my wife's number - we've been texting each other for years! So the number is right, but now I receive her messages, but she doesn't get mine.
Google messenger seems to show that the text has gone through, but when you click on the 'info' button of a specific message it comes up with error 65536. So unless I actually check the 'info' of each message, I don't actually know whether it's been delivered or not.
We're both on the same small network in the UK, 'The People's Operator' could it be to do with them? Is it with android?
Very frustrating, we've had to start using whatsapp to message... anyone have a solution?

Tabarin

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I ve been using a moto Z from Lenovo for around 2 weeks. I discovered this error message in the first using days.
I didn't notice at the all beginning that the "messenger" app was the Google one, and not a native app from Lenovo.
When I go on the app informations and that I delete the app datas, the message error code disappears and all messages have now right date and time in their infos.
But when I do that, I have notifications of hundreds or thousands of messages coming from.! It takes a few minutes to get back all SMS.. but at the end, every message has clear infos !
The wrong thing in all this is that after sometimes the first next sent SMS, the error code reappears..! It could have a link with the synchronization of the app, or I also suspect the network (I often go from H to 4G to searching network, so..)
Hoping it can help someone.. or someone can learn better with this.
Regards
Antoine

123arasranzis_65536

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
In a hurtful relationship and it's from an app called mr. Number as a blocking option that will make it so they don't get ur text if you're getting that message that means that they're blocking them they just don't want to be bugged by you. Or vise versa. It can also be a no more space for additional sms or mmm. Although if that is the case all of your texts Wil be in error till u make space or move them to external sds cards..ECT.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't send a text if you're out of space, and if the receiving phone is out of space you can't fix it.

But if the receiving phone just ignores the text because the number is blocked, there's no way for your phone to know.

It's something else - the 65536 error number is suspicious, since it's 0 with a carry in 16 bits, and error 0 means no error. (It's called sloppy programming.)

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Standard SMS/MMS does not have the option for read receipts, so there would be on way for the sender to know if a message was read or not.

(If the sender and receiver are on the same carrier and both using enhanced messaging, there can be some read receipts type thing going on.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty