What does the icon with 3 lines next to what looks like an antenna mean

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an icon in my notification bar that has 3 horizontal lines above/next to what appears to be an antenna. What does that mean

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

My biggest camping fear. Now I'll know what to look for.

3 weeks ago I was at a music festival and as of Wednesday there were to be no storms, on Friday the weather was beautiful all day with very little wind and clear skies. As it got dark we saw storm clouds rolling in and lighting but radar claimed it would miss us.

Got slammed by 80+ mph winds, entire camps were destroyed. I lost a brand new canopy and tent, canopy frame caved in on itself and tent remained staked to the ground but the side walls ripped and the contents of my tent ended up outside the tent. Even my cooler full of beer had blown over and spilled. Every canopy in the place ruined beyond repair, numerous tents destroyed, RV awnings ripped off, and some windows busted. There was a small lake with a beach, everything there was gone. I had one of those inflatable docks anchored and my kayak attached to it, they were gone. I later found them in the woods a few hundred yards away, dock, kayak, and anchor still attached covered in mud.

This from a storm that wasn't supposed to happen 48 hours prior and technically missed us. Next day we learned the storm had spawned a tornado to our northwest. I've slept in a tent during a thunderstorm on several occasions in the past, really don't think I'm gonna do that again. One of the most terrifying nights of my life.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
3 weeks ago I was at a music festival and as of Wednesday there were to be no storms, on Friday the weather was beautiful all day with very little wind and clear skies. As it got dark we saw storm clouds rolling in and lighting but radar claimed it would miss us.

Got slammed by 80+ mph winds, entire camps were destroyed. I lost a brand new canopy and tent, canopy frame caved in on itself and tent remained staked to the ground but the side walls ripped and the contents of my tent ended up outside the tent. Even my cooler full of beer had blown over and spilled. Every canopy in the place ruined beyond repair, numerous tents destroyed, RV awnings ripped off, and some windows busted. There was a small lake with a beach, everything there was gone. I had one of those inflatable docks anchored and my kayak attached to it, they were gone. I later found them in the woods a few hundred yards away, dock, kayak, and anchor still attached covered in mud.

This from a storm that wasn't supposed to happen 48 hours prior and technically missed us. Next day we learned the storm had spawned a tornado to our northwest. I've slept in a tent during a thunderstorm on several occasions in the past, really don't think I'm gonna do that again. One of the most terrifying nights of my life.
Oh no!!! So glad you're okay. How frightening.

I've had a tent & canopy blow off to no man's land in severe wind. I also was beaten & bruised when my pup tent caved in during a hail storm but that's nothing compared to what you endured.

Again, so glad you survived!!

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Oh no! How scary! And the biggest tragedy may have been the beer cooler tipping over. But if you didn't lose your beer then it probably was very much needed to calm your nerves.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney