What happened to my galaxy samsung note 2?

Mageemoy

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
My sprint note 2 worked fine at our new property and for the 1yr there, building our new home. Moved in & it started acting funny. Dropped & missed calls, texts not coming thru or out. Something different everyday. Couldn't bring myself to pay $600- $800 for a new phone with unreliable service. Switched to new s6 with Verizon straight talk. (Still bounce between 1&2 bars only& hate the s6). Before I could get info switched to new phone, the note shut off on it's own and will not turn on. Tried different chargers, new battery, cleared cache, rebooted, did the power-volume up-home key thing, and the power-volume down-home key thing, took battery out held power key, took battery in & out. Nothing. Watched many YouTube videos and still nothing. I desperately need the pictures off the note, but they were only showing up on the note when SD card was mounted. When unmounted & placed in other devices it only shows 28 out of 1,000's of pics on that card.
What else can I try to get note on???????
When I power it up, it goes to logo on a black screen and stays there. When I plug it in, it goes to pic of battery but does not charge or indicate it's charging.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure all of your photos were saved to the external SD card, or were a bunch of them saved to Internal Storage? When you unmount and remove the card, are you inserting it into a computer and using Windows Explorer to look for the photos, or are you only inserting the card into other phones?

The phone itself sounds like it is suffering from either corrupt firmware or faulty hardware. Fixing corrupt firmware means reinstalling it, which wipes the phone, so that wouldn't help if the missing photos are actually saved to Internal Storage.

In the future, I strongly suggest taking advantage of Google Photos auto-backup: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en. If you have qualms about backing up your photos to the cloud, then it's up to you to make regular backups to your own storage solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wengelgenene