What happens if I click on Setup Wizard app icon?

rprastein

Nov 7, 2022
Visit site
I have an older Droid Turbo 2 phone with Android 7. Actually, a series of them, every time one of these phones has become unusable over the past 5+ years (three family members with the same model), I've migrated all of apps and data to another of the same model. We used to have Verizon for our cell phone service, and now we have US Mobile over the Verizon network.

This time, as I'm migrating my husband's phone yet again, opening each app and doing the initial configuration, I'm noticing an app that got copied over, "Setup Wizard," with an icon that I've identified as a Samsung Android product (purple disk containing a white magic wand with yellow stars around the tip, over a white check mark). As best I can figure, that's probably the app that runs when I first set up the new phone and download all of the apps onto it.

So my question is, what happens if I click the app icon now, with everything already installed and I'm just fine-tuning the initial configuration and restoring data? I'm afraid to try, because I don't want to actually start the setup app and mess up all the work I've done so far.

Thanks,

Rebeccah

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it even works correctly, it should be a simple matter to exit out of it, either with a Home or App Overview button press/gesture. If it really wasn't a preinstalled system app, I would recommend just uninstalling it. (You can tell if it's a non-system app if you actually see an Uninstall option in the Settings>Apps menu -- a system app would only have a Disable button, and sometimes not even that.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty