What headphones are you using?

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I use my iBeats when I want to use earbuds, and use my QuietComfort 15's when I'm in my room.

*Monsters Customer Service is Excellent as well, sent me a new pair of iBeats when I had a problem with one of the earbuds, sent a brand new sealed package, so I have doubles now of all the earpieces and case*

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
keep in mind skullcandy headphones and earbuds break very very easily.

I have heard that, but have never had a problem. Then again, I baby most things I buy, so not often a problem for me, but that is deff something to keep in mind. I buy them as I have found them to be as cheap as I can live with. :D

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have heard that, but have never had a problem. Then again, I baby most things I buy, so not often a problem for me, but that is deff something to keep in mind. I buy them as I have found them to be as cheap as I can live with. :D

Yea, I've owned a few but the sound quality isn't as good as other buds I've used. I really really like the Klipsh image S4's and the new sony mdr ex310lp buds are probably the best set of buds I've heard under $100.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yea, I've owned a few but the sound quality isn't as good as other buds I've used. I really really like the Klipsh image S4's and the new sony mdr ex310lp buds are probably the best set of buds I've heard under $100.

Oh, I deff prefer to use my Klipsh Image S4s. My brother recommended them to me while I was in Iraq and they made the flights for R&R and the end of tour far more enjoyable, I love them and always recommend them to friends.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
IMO I would go for some bluetooth earphones. I have a Motorola headphone set. It stays on my head and doesn't slide everywhere and doesn't tug off my head if the cord reaches it's limit. Don't miss being on some strings

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
True but what buds do you have? People that posted sculls, got nothing on these for what, the same price range now.
I have JBuds J2 Noise Isolating. Bought them on special on Amazon for $9.95 (now $14.95). Had them for almost a year now, sound great to me and have held up well. Well worth the 10 bucks (and wouldn't have a problem dropping $14.95 now for them).

drewC

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
My Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5Vi was excellent for two years until it broke last week. I now have the Klipsch Image S4a for Android devices. The on-line Michael and control works great with one exception: I have yet to get the volume control working. Other than that, I'm loving it the sound quality and the oval tips design is very comfortable.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have JBuds J2 Noise Isolating. Bought them on special on Amazon for $9.95 (now $14.95). Had them for almost a year now, sound great to me and have held up well. Well worth the 10 bucks (and wouldn't have a problem dropping $14.95 now for them).

I have the one up from the deal I posted. You really should listen to a pair of higher end rear buds, it's really a night and day difference. You have this super nice phone why not upgrade. you don't even have to turn it to a high you each frequency better.

tdiggitydog

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Trust ME: BUY THE IBEATS FROM THE HTC REZOUND ON EBAY.. FOR 40-60 BUCKS THEY SOUND AMAZING AND HAVE BASS... ALSO ALL THE BUTTONS WORK.. PAUSE PLAY.. CALL/END CALL ETC.. GREAT QUALITY.. JUST SAYING.. I BOUGHT EM, DON'T REGRET IT..

Caps lock is for attention starved douche bags. Turn it off bud :)

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sony MDR-EX500LP

Used these every day for well over a year: commuting, at the office, in bed falling asleep. They've dealt with hundreds (nay, thousands by now) of hours of use; wind, rain, snow; being rolled over on the pillow; being unceremoniously yanked out of my ears by flailing commuter elbows/bags; being coiled up and shoved into pockets (after I lost the central portion of the carry case while drunk on a train, which I'm still irritated about). Not a single problem with them.

Very well-rounded sound: very clear highs; broad, solid mids; deep, tight bass (not a wet, Bose-like fart-fest). Great isolation. (I use these on a subway commute.)

Great comfort in terms of tone. It did take me a while to get used to the crystal clear highs, coming from lower end IEM-style buds that lacked the same clarity. But, after a break-in period for both the earphones and my ears, the tone is such that I can listen for extended periods without fatigue.

And very comfortable fit too, actually more so than I was expecting given the large vertical driver. In fact I find the driver actually helps keep the earphone where you put it, especially while walking around, whereas phones that rely solely upon friction between the buds and your ear canal have a tendency to gradually droop and shift with gravity and tugs on the cord.

Poor Sony is always underrated in the headphone field. They don't have the marketing and hype of Monster, Beats, Bose, etc. (which I won't touch with a bargepole) or the tech chic of Klipsch, Sennheiser, Shure ... but I've never been disappointed with a set of their earbuds, and these are my favorite yet. I'm actually debating getting a backup pair off Amazon right now, just in case they get discontinued...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Beats are terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Bose is terrible.

The best IEMs for the price are RE-ZERO, but quality issues abound. I use NuForce NE-700X. Love them.

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Beats are terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Bose is terrible.

The best IEMs for the price are RE-ZERO, but quality issues abound. I use NuForce NE-700X. Love them.

beats are for hiphop/rap since they emphasis on bass alot. if u r not into those music then its horrible.

i use klipsch image S4A, it works great with GNEx, all functions works (volume, previous etc) with headset button controller app. (klipsch app doesnt work with GNex)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
beats are for hiphop/rap since they emphasis on bass alot. if u r not into those music then its horrible.

i use klipsch image S4A, it works great with GNEx, all functions works (volume, previous etc) with headset button controller app. (klipsch app doesnt work with GNex)

No, they're horrible because they color and oversaturate the sound to a degree that the soundstage, which is ordinarily an amazing thing, becomes the size of square mm. They're essentially over-colored (soundwise), over-priced hardware attached to an equalizer that could be equalled in something like WinAmp.

That and because, for the price, there are literally hundreds of products that offer the same thing, but with better drivers, better soundstage, and little to no coloration.

It's like bose, but with a bass button that muddies everything else.

(And I listen to plenty of music from that genre, btw :D)

Reactions: questioncom

questioncom

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, they're horrible because they color and oversaturate the sound to a degree that the soundstage, which is ordinarily an amazing thing, becomes the size of square mm. They're essentially over-colored (soundwise), over-priced hardware attached to an equalizer that could be equalled in something like WinAmp.

That and because, for the price, there are literally hundreds of products that offer the same thing, but with better drivers, better soundstage, and little to no coloration.

It's like bose, but with a bass button that muddies everything else.

(And I listen to plenty of music from that genre, btw :D)

I agree

They're only made for attention whores. They sound horrible and are ridiculously over priced. I'll stick with the S4s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend the Bose miEi2's. They sound really great and I get a 25% discount at Verizon so I got them for a great price.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been in the market for quality headphones for awhile and I'm wonder how a good pair will pair up to my galaxy nexus with volume+...

I had Sony noise cancelling headphones and the sound and volume from them was horrible(on my Thunderbolt and on my Nexus) so I am hesitant to get the Sony headphones that are comparable to Beats headphones.

Lately I've been using a pair of Philips earbuds. Good enough quality but I would like some over the ear headphones.

Reactions: Nayners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord