What is Sense UI?

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

I'm new to the Android and planning on getting Nexus One or Desire for AT&T. Just have a question: What is Sense UI?

Thanks
Jamie

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Sense UI is a shell that HTC has created for many of their Android phones. It resembles a similar shell that they had for some of their Windows Mobile phones.

If there is a disadvantage to Sense UI, it is that it needs to be rewritten when there is an OS update, and that takes HTC some time to get ready. The advantage to a phone that runs stock Android, like the Nexus One, is that it should be able to get OS updates faster than HTC can manage an update for their Sense UI phones.

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The review says Sense doesn't support G-mail? What are the ramifications of that? I use Gmail and right now have it pushed to my Blackberry but am either going to get a Droid or Incredible in April. Would the regular interface handle the Gmail better then Sense?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The review says Sense doesn't support G-mail? What are the ramifications of that? I use Gmail and right now have it pushed to my Blackberry but am either going to get a Droid or Incredible in April. Would the regular interface handle the Gmail better then Sense?

That's just the mail widget. There are two mail applications - gmail and mail. The gmail application gets your gmail pushed (unless you decide not to sync it.) The mail application, which goes with that widget, supports Exchange sync and POP/IMAP polled mail. You could, actually, set up your gmail account inthe mail app if you wanted to, if you really wanted to see it in the widget.

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone!

For a new android customer, (who is coming from iPhone 3gs) think Nexus will be better for me?

Thanks again!
Jamie

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy