What is the best camera app (paid or free) for shutter speed on Moto G4 Play?

A

AC Question

I purchased a moto g4 play for my wife a few weeks ago. Overall, she likes it but one huge annoyance is the poor pictures with moving objects (specifically kids!) Weve trialed a few different free camera apps including A Better Camera, FV-5 Lite as the stock moto one is pretty lacking on the G4 Play. Im either not seeing the options for the shutter speed on these popular apps or it does not appear to be adjustable.

If capturing good clear pictures of moving options with the G4 Play is the primary goal, what app would you recommend getting? Thanks in advance!

PiratesJV

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Best Camera App for G4 play for Shutter Speed?

I purchased a moto g4 play for my wife a few weeks ago. Overall, she likes it but one huge annoyance is the poor pictures with moving objects (specifically kids!) Weve trialed a few different free camera apps including A Better Camera, FV-5 Lite as the stock moto one is pretty lacking on the G4 Play. Im either not seeing the options for the shutter speed on these popular apps or it does not appear to be adjustable.

If capturing good clear pictures of moving options with the G4 Play is the primary goal, what app would you recommend getting? Thanks in advance!

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Motorola just put out a new G4 Play camera app update. They promise all sorts of improvements in future updates, though I don't know what has changed so far.

PiratesJV

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
thanks sfoLAX, i appreciate the insight and recommendation. I checked the manual camera compatability and unfortunatlely the G4 play is not compatible. I did previously see that site you mentioned as well re: best third party app for Android however as far as I see they do not specially mention exposure time/shutter speed.

Any other thoughts?

PiratesJV

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Not really. Your question was unanswered so I pitched in.

As inundated above said there is a new update improving the camera.
I had a Samsung Note 3 and this was a big thread but it's 2 years old
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=358245

There is a Photography Lounge forum here if I can find it to link here shortly.
As said I'm more a point and shoot guy if the camera is good enough (and the Note 3's was)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=592012

I did double check the moto camera app and we're up to date with it. I'm starting to think the g4 play camera just sucks

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
This is from the description for the separate "Camera tuner for Moto G Play" app, which came down along with camera app update:

"There is now a way to update the cameras to the lastest photo and video tuning parameters.
From time to time we’ll make updates to improve color, contrast, picture noise, video noise, and sharpness.
This version is supported for Moto G Play only"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omcars