What is the "Toolbox"

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a relatively new Note 12.2 running 5.0.2. All is well but I ran across a function I can't find in the manual and right now is not working as best I can determine. It is called "Toolbox" and is under device -> Sound / Display. I can turn it on and off but when trying to click on it to see if there are options it stops the Settings. When 'on' there is a small faint circle with 3 dots in it. Can see that this circle does anything. Can someone let me know what I'm missing☺ Thanks in advance.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The "Toolbox" allows you to have up to 5 apps available on any screen. It stays visible on all screens and can be moved to any spot on a screen just by dragging it across the screen. To set it up, go to settings>sounds & display. Turn on Toolbox. Now tap and hold the actual word Toolbox and a edit screen will appear. Here is where you can select which apps you want in the Toolbox by checkmarking them. I believe 5 apps is max. Close that and go back to your home screen. You will now see the Toolbox circle with 3 dots. Tap on it and it will rotate 45° and the apps you selected will drop-down.

You can also tap and hold the Toolbox icon when it's on a screen and a drop down bar will appear at top of screen. If you want to edit the Toolbox drag it to the word edit (pencil) or if you want to delete it drag it to the delete (trashcan)

Posted via Android Central App

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
The "Toolbox" allows you to have up to 5 apps available on any screen. It stays visible on all screens and can be moved to any spot on a screen just by dragging it across the screen. To set it up, go to settings>sounds & display. Turn on Toolbox. Now tap and hold the actual word Toolbox and a edit screen will appear. Here is where you can select which apps you want in the Toolbox by checkmarking them. I believe 5 apps is max. Close that and go back to your home screen. You will now see the Toolbox circle with 3 dots. Tap on it and it will rotate 45° and the apps you selected will drop-down.

You can also tap and hold the Toolbox icon when it's on a screen and a drop down bar will appear at top of screen. If you want to edit the Toolbox drag it to the word edit (pencil) or if you want to delete it drag it to the delete (trashcan)

Thanks a bunch for your thorough explanation. Worked like a charm. Did I miss it in the manual? And what's with tapping on "toolbox" in settings actually crashing settings? Weird.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Your welcome. Nothing I found in the manual. Just kept pushing buttons and eventually something worked. 😂😂😂😂
I had the same problem with crashing. Don't know what caused it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay