What is this round symbol?

bigleaf3

Mar 10, 2024
Visit site
A new symbol has appeared on my phone splash screen (just after powering it on). It is two yellow concentric circles. I don't see it in alerts, only on the splash screen. Once I unlock the phone, I can't find it anywhere else. See screenshot. What does it mean? How do I clear it?oddsymbol.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey! Thanks to @mustang7757 and @B. Diddy . Here is an enlarged screen shot. I haven't noticed it changing with the weather, but I will pay more attention. It is clearly a sun in the alerts because today has been sunny. Wednesday has snow in the forecast. I'll see if it goes away that day and update the post. Device: Samsung A12, One UI Core v4.1, Android 12.View attachment 360777
Yeah that symbol looks like your weather but keep us updated if it changes in a day or so

Reactions: Laura Knotek

bigleaf3

Mar 10, 2024
Visit site
@mustang7757 and @B. Diddy, the symbol changed today. It is now a cloud with sun peeking over top. Still concentric circles and still differs from the sun symbol on the alerts screen, but now it is obviously a weather icon.
newsymbol.png
I think I overreacted to what is now proven to be an unrelated event. Several days ago, I found a new text involving three unknown phone numbers (one from Philippines). Some digging revealed it to be a Duo/GoogleMeet group chat. That particular kind of chat uses video. Still don't know how anyone could create a group chat on my phone without my permission. I have an open post on the Google Messages community about this.

The shape of that yellow sun symbol looked a lot like a selfie camera lens. I jumped to the conclusion that someone had hacked my phone and the camera was on. Silly mistake. :rolleyes:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757 and @B. Diddy, the symbol changed today. It is now a cloud with sun peeking over top. Still concentric circles and still differs from the sun symbol on the alerts screen, but now it is obviously a weather icon.
View attachment 360795
I think I overreacted to what is now proven to be an unrelated event. Several days ago, I found a new text involving three unknown phone numbers (one from Philippines). Some digging revealed it to be a Duo/GoogleMeet group chat. That particular kind of chat uses video. Still don't know how anyone could create a group chat on my phone without my permission. I have an open post on the Google Messages community about this.

The shape of that yellow sun symbol looked a lot like a selfie camera lens. I jumped to the conclusion that someone had hacked my phone and the camera was on. Silly mistake. :rolleyes:
Glad it's all sorted out👍

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 360795

Glad you figured it out! Regarding the group chat -- open your Google Messages app, tap your profile pic, then Messages Settings>Spam Protection. Make sure that's turned on.

• Love
Reactions: bigleaf3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29