what kind of case are you all using?

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I almost bought an otterbox, but I am hesitant because I will probably buy an extended battery... but I want a great case to deal with the larger battery.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I use the OEM Samsung thin case, the one that comes in a 2 pack. Love it, super thin and nice texture. I've never dropped a phone, so I just needed scratch protection and it's great.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My green/blue Otterbox Commuter came in the mail yesterday. At first I didn't like how slippery it was and how hard it was to push in the buttons. It took about 10 minutes to get over that.

cynbad#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Just got a case mate tough case in the mail along with an iface case. Tough fits like a glove, much more smug than the dbl cover from incipio. Sure wish there were more than 2 color options, I got the black/ pink. Wanted to love the iface case! Phone doesn't fit in it at all, its like the inside bottom is not grooved out enough for it, which caused the charging cord to not be able to hook up while in the case. I had to push the power button with both hands to get it to work. But the look and feel are great! Form fitting in the hand and a good grip on the edges. Alas, ill be returning that to Amazon and keeping an eye out for more color choices from case mate.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox defender....ebay $4.95

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

That's a pretty good deal, and was eyeing that up myself. Thanks for the tip!

I'm debating a screen protector though, I like the raw glass feel. I never put a screen protector on my TouchPad (going on 15 months) or my Pre3(about 6 months), and they both held up ok. I think I may go the screen protector route this time though.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Navy Blue Incipio Double Cover case from Verizon when I bought my phone. I also bought the other box defender and ended up sending that one back because it was just to large for me and made it difficult to use. It was a great case though. I really like the Incipio but have been considering getting a much thinner case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Man I can't decide. I returned the flip cover because I felt like it was too expensive for what you get. I tried the incipio double cover from verizon. That case was pretty nice but again I felt like it was over priced. After using the phone naked for a while (amazing) I decided to give the Otterbox Defender a try. Went to the store and got one last night. Thoughts so far are that I hate it. Initially I liked the feel as it felt improved over the previous defender cases I have owned. The silicon feels harder as opposed to soft so you can actually pocket the thing without it snagging. The main problem with the defender series still stands and that is the screen protector. I am surprised they haven't made any improvements with it. The screen protector, as some have said in reviews, is a deal breaker with this case. It is basically the same as the others in that the screen is distorted, it doesn't fit 100% on the screen so there is movement between the protector and the phone itself, and it still gets dust under between the protector and screen.

I may keep it as I intend to keep this phone for a very long time. I am constantly torn with the defender case as I rely on my phone a lot and I would not be happy if something happened to it. With that said I have ordered the shell/holster and SGP ultra screen protectors. I think this combo might be the winner as far as price and durability. Still ashamed of the otterbox screen protector, what a let down.

RAGBrian

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Shell holster combo with kick stand. Both the wife and I got the same thing (she got a Stellar). Got it with a combo deal at the local store. We both like the way it works for us.

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Otter Box Commuter from Amazon, it was $21 with free shipping. Case came in 4 business days.

Case offers great protection (comes with screen protector) and doesn't make the phone to big to put in your pocket.
Same here love it, phone feels really safe, looks like mil-spec protection but not to much extra bulk. Only complaint is price and power key is much harder to press. Also love that it protects the headphone and mini-usb ports.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No case really,,,, I do have an back cover but really offers no protection if dropped,just a scratch protector and for looks.
I am keeping this phone thin ;)

Hi_Tech_Redneck

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm using. $25 for both at a Verizon reseller. Hate corporate stores.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348958387464.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348958387464.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 76
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348958399381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348958399381.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348958409451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348958409451.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 73

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Seidio Active cases for awhile now, had one on my Thunderbolt for both the regular and extended battery. Picked one up for S3 now. Sam nice quality, good fit, almost no extra bulk, good protection. It's a little slippery at first until you break it in a little.

Dark Guitar Lord

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Otterbox Defender. It's a very dependable choice that I have made that I have made over the past few years with the multiple phones I have owned. I do get bored easily though and will probably change it up within a month or so. I'm also a fan of Trident cases. Good stuff. Had one for my Droid X and was built like a tank.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I decided to send my commuter back. Ordered the defender... Didn't pay Verizons price this time. Still not sure what to do about the screen protector.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty