What memory card are you using?

equalizer88

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting this card - Samsung 128GB EVO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card for $47.

up to 80MB/s read 20MB/s write.

Faster model 95MB/s read 90MB/s is $90. Samsung PRO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card, 128GB

dgratzburg

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA)

Up to 80 MB/s transfer speed

Works perfectly fine for me. Able to skip songs in music quickly.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
If you are using adoptable storage you need a card with fast write speeds.

I first did adoptable with a Samsung EVO 128GB and it kept stuttering. I then switched to the PRO which has 90MB/s write and now it's better.

If you are using as portable storage, then a class 10+ card will work great.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I had such a bad experience with microSD cards in my first phone (Droid Incredible), lost music, pictures and bad performance. The Z Play is the first phone I've owned since that accepts external storage. So I bought a 64g Samsung from Amazon at $20.

If you scan the internet, you'll quickly find all sorts of stories of counterfeit Samsung cards out there. I'd hate to add it as adoptable storage and then have the card fail.

So I just plugged it in as external storage. Photos are backed up to Google Photos and I stream from Play Music, so I'm not too concerned with losing anything important.

Good luck,

TJH

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I just plugged it in as external storage. Photos are backed up to Google Photos and I stream from Play Music, so I'm not too concerned with losing anything important.

Same here - 120gb Sandisk set up as external, with the G Photos & Play Music apps set to use that space for saving/caching. That's usually where I've run into storage space issues in the past - Play Music will cache pretty much anything it plays (plus any music set for offline access), and photos & video.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay