What screen protector are you using for the S7?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Spigen Crystal and it's amazing. The actual screen part of the phone is fully covered. No halo, bubbles, etc. And it works 100% perfectly with my neo hybrid. I think I finally found the one.

Posted via the Android Central App

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same one but after a mere 4 days I have visible scratches on the protector. It lives on my desk most of the day no idea how it happened. How's yours holding up?

Make it so.

I have a couple of scratches on mine as well but it is in and out of my pocket so that is understandable. The only thing that drives me crazy is the fingerprints and smudge residue being that it has a rubbery/tacky feel, I am constantly cleaning it. Also, it is not case friendly. My favorite case I own causes the curved edges to peel up, but I have on VRS slim fit case that doesn't cause this. It is hit or miss, now I am afraid to get other cases since they will most likely cause it to lift.

Has anyone tried the Zagg HD? is it case friendly?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a Tzumi brand glass at Wal-Mart. It was 10 bucks and as all the others it has a halo. The cover has a slogan saying it is always there but never seen......yes its there and it is always seen. For 10 bucks it is worth the price since you don't have to wait for shipping. Instalation was easy and came with a slide on applicator. You position the bottom of the glass in the applicator and drop it on, then push out the bubbles. Easiest install I have ever done. It was for my wife's phone and she is happy with it.

Can you post a couple pictures showing this installed on the phone?

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you post a couple pictures showing this installed on the phone?

Sorry, it is no longer on the phone. The bottom chipped out really bad around the home button. It lasted a week. The phone was not dropped or abused. I won't buy it again.

bdmridgeback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't buy the sh*tty Zagg Tempered. Picked one up at Sprint store yesterday and taking it back today. Can't believe Zagg would even put such crap on the market...and at $39 !!!

Attachments

• 1464619327661.jpg
    1464619327661.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1464619337827.jpg
    1464619337827.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 1464619347707.jpg
    1464619347707.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 63

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That's Halo City. ^^ :-\

The cheap one I bought on Amazon was even worse than that. I just ripped it right off. My Note 5 i used glass off Amazon and hardly any halo at all. I kind of wish I just kept my Note 5 and waited until Note 6 and just put up with the large size. Sucks finding cases and glass for this thing. the S6 wasnt this bad at all finding tempered glass or cases.

guerojose

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Welp, Zagg finally shipped the replacement Curve I was promised. Points for customer service, but this is NOT a good product. I got it installed perfectly aligned, but the design prevents it from seating completely flush; there's a slight "doming" that prevents it from making good contact (mine's the non-Edge S7). This means the screen becomes very unresponsive - you have to hammer it to select anything, and forget about doing anything near the edges, such as pulling down the settings menu. In the right lighting you can see the rainbowing that follows your thumbs around, as you press hard to make it contact the screen underneath. I can't prove it, but it also seems to be thicker than the straight Shield, making sensitivity worse; the face button seems noticeably sunk-in. Typing is atrociously hard. I think I'm going to have to go naked, and just leave the screen unprotected, given a choice between halo lint and maddening unresponsiveness. I can appreciate that Samsung's design has made a proper fit difficult, but not my problem if someone is charging top dollar for a product. I would not recommend this.

Last edited:

Luis Miguel Batista

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
im using a Ultimate Shield glass screen protector and so far so good. Easy to install, perfect fit from one edge to another.
I´m waiting for some cases from ebay to see if it can work with cases, slim cases.

JyotiRachel

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple of scratches on mine as well but it is in and out of my pocket so that is understandable. The only thing that drives me crazy is the fingerprints and smudge residue being that it has a rubbery/tacky feel, I am constantly cleaning it. Also, it is not case friendly. My favorite case I own causes the curved edges to peel up, but I have on VRS slim fit case that doesn't cause this. It is hit or miss, now I am afraid to get other cases since they will most likely cause it to lift.

Has anyone tried the Zagg HD? is it case friendly?

Zagg flat glass cracked in 5! ! Different places on the edges. But had clear view and good sensitivity
Zagg curved full cover glass has poor sensitivity, but full coverage and not case friendly
Now I have HD, good coverage, pretty good with the case, and good sensitivity, but smudge is always left on the screen with glare, really annoying.

With s7 we are in a jam, when in confess to screen protectors

Silver Idaten

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the JetTECH film protectors? These here:
https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Prote...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5275919

I'm using the Spigen Curved Crystal now, but the damn thing has scratches all over the place in just two days of normal in and out of pocket use. I have Tech Armor on my iPhone 6S and that doesn't scratch until maybe a month or more of use, but unfortunately it looks like Tech Armor doesn't have a good product for the S7. It fits great but it felt flimsy even putting it on, and the first one creased during installation. I emailed Spigen, that's unacceptable.

These JetTECHs have customer images with the halo effect, but the recent reviews make it sound like there's an updated product now if I ordered these that have no halo and cover the screen. Does anyone have experience with them?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the JetTECH film protectors? These here:
https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Prote...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5277716

I'm using the Spigen Curved Crystal now, but the damn thing has scratches all over the place in just two days of normal in and out of pocket use. I have Tech Armor on my iPhone 6S and that doesn't scratch until maybe a month or more of use, but unfortunately it looks like Tech Armor doesn't have a good product for the S7. It fits great but it felt flimsy even putting it on, and the first one creased during installation. I emailed Spigen, that's unacceptable.

These JetTECHs have customer images with the halo effect, but the recent reviews make it sound like there's an updated product now if I ordered these that have no halo and cover the screen. Does anyone have experience with them?

I think any film is going to either be sticky, easily scratched, or both. I'm at the point where I want to get a tempered glass protector even though it doesn't fill the screen. Something is better than nothing IMO.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I picked up this one from amfilm
Galaxy S7 Screen Protector Glass (V2.0 Case Friendly)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F7LYU2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5278292

So far the fit is great but sometimes I do get sensitivity issues pulling down the notification shade or hitting the bottom right keys. For me the trade off is worth it because I had already got a small surface scratch from simply using daily. No beach or metal shavings where I was.

Make it so.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the Tech Armor tempered glass. I'm aware that it doesn't cover the whole screen but I don't like the way film protectors feel. I'll post my thoughts after I receive it and install.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the Tech Armor tempered glass. I'm aware that it doesn't cover the whole screen but I don't like the way film protectors feel. I'll post my thoughts after I receive it and install.

Ok...installed the TechArmor tempered glass screen protector. Hmmm, not sure I'm going to like it. It's not the fault of the protector, it's the design of the S7 screen with the rounded edges, the glass just can't bend so they make it stop at that point. Unfortunately it doesn't cover the visible portion of the screen...not sure I'm going to like it but I'll ride with it for a while. The glass itself feels great, no problems there.

I appreciate Sammy making a really cool phone, but they need to pay attention to the practicality aspect of these devices too. There's a possibility this is the first phone I go without a protector but it makes me nervous since I'm rough with my phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky