What settings need to be active to receive text notifications on a S10 LED Wallet case?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm working with an unlocked S10 and the Samsung LED Wallet Case. The front of the case is meant to display the time, music controls, phone call notifications, and text notifications. It does all of the above, save for showing an LED notification when I get a text.

As far as I can see, all permissions and notifications are set to allow on the potentially related apps including on LED Cover, LED Icon Editor, Messages (Samsung stock text app), and Messages (Google text app) - currently my default texting app.

Under Advanced Features>Accessories there is a panel for LED View Cover which includes Automatic Unlock, LED Icon Editor, and an about section. Previously with my S8 and LED Wallet Case there was an activation toggle. Here it is absent.

So, the case mostly functions as it should. Insert phone into case and the face of the case lights up based on the context. But, no text icon.

I've tried adjusting notification settings, restarting the phone and rehousing it in the case, switching launchers (preferred Nova Prime), and a number of other things. I've run into a wall. Can anyone with the same phone and case provide clarity/post your settings?

raptor102888

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm working with an unlocked S10 and the Samsung LED Wallet Case. The front of the case is meant to display the time, music controls, phone call notifications, and text notifications. It does all of the above, save for showing an LED notification when I get a text.

As far as I can see, all permissions and notifications are set to allow on the potentially related apps including on LED Cover, LED Icon Editor, Messages (Samsung stock text app), and Messages (Google text app) - currently my default texting app.

Under Advanced Features>Accessories there is a panel for LED View Cover which includes Automatic Unlock, LED Icon Editor, and an about section. Previously with my S8 and LED Wallet Case there was an activation toggle. Here it is absent.

So, the case mostly functions as it should. Insert phone into case and the face of the case lights up based on the context. But, no text icon.

I've tried adjusting notification settings, restarting the phone and rehousing it in the case, switching launchers (preferred Nova Prime), and a number of other things. I've run into a wall. Can anyone with the same phone and case provide clarity/post your settings?

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I've run into the same issue on my S10e.

dibgibbs

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Bump - was anyone able to figure this out? I am having the exact same problem. My default SMS app is Textra. I do not have any kind of text notification whatsoever, and I cannot select Textra as a customizable notification icon.

This is ridiculous for such an expensive case. Text messaging is a key feature for most users... We need text message notifications!!!

raptor102888

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Bump - was anyone able to figure this out? I am having the exact same problem. My default SMS app is Textra. I do not have any kind of text notification whatsoever, and I cannot select Textra as a customizable notification icon.

This is ridiculous for such an expensive case. Text messaging is a key feature for most users... We need text message notifications!!!

Nope. The only solution is to use the default Samsung SMS app. Kind of a **** move by Samsung.

dibgibbs

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Nope. The only solution is to use the default Samsung SMS app. Kind of a **** move by Samsung.

Tbh I didn't even know the default app worked as I never thought to try that. I have begrudgingly switched to default Samsung Messages app so I can get the stupid LED cover notification.

Big thanks to you for replying back to this thread. Saved me endless frustration! :)

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
No fix yet. No notification for any SMS app. Doesent list any message app in the Icon editor for permissions. Does work on the Note 9 without 2.1 update with just led cover not with Icon editor even activated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech