What success rate have people had with loyalty cards on watch (e.g., "Fidme")?

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I was excited to see there is an app for loyalty cards for the S2 (Fidme). Just installed it, looks good, but to avoid potential frustration, just curious if someone who has played around with it and could give me a sense of their "hit rate" with different scanner types.
Thanks, J

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Good question. I have only tried it on three different scanners, no success at all, and so gave up. (This does not mean others have not had success.)

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have used loyalty cards on my phone and so far only the clerks hand scanner works. The built in flat scanners that you drag the products over do not read the phone's screen, so I'm assuming it would be the same for the watch.

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I guess I got lucky--my library card worked first time, so it's a keeper for me.
This is a big plus in my mind, as it's another venue / situation (going into library to pick up books) where I can leave my car in the phone.
To be fair, there is a drawback in that you need a lot of upper body flexibility to twist your wrist into the appropriate position without herniating a disk (next time I'll probably just quickly slip off the watch).

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Just to follow-up, I"ve had 100% success with this app (grocery stores, various libraries).
It's actually turned out to be the most useful "external" app so far available...