What The Hell Happened?

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Monday I got a replacement for my damaged Pixel 2xl. I did all the change over stuff and everything seemed to go flawlessly. The new phone works fine. My problem is that every day I now get dozens of spam and robocalls. I generally get 1-2 of these calls a day, but since I got my new phone, it just won't stop ringing. I use Hiya, which identifies most bad calls, but all the needless ringing is bugging me. Yeah, I'm on the useless Do Not Call list. Is there anything else I can do to stop these calls? Did the phone change over trigger something?

Thanks
Randy

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Unless you also got a new phone number, I can't think of any reasonable way that this is specifically tied to your replacement phone.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The phone doesn't remember what numbers you blocked before so now your starting over , very annoying

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Open the Phone app -> Settings -> Caller ID & spam -> enable both options
d287e3758e914eaa8e0dda07e376065a.jpg

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Open the Phone app -> Settings -> Caller ID & spam -> enable both options
Those filtering settings have really been working well this week. I've been surprised by missed call messages over the past few days, none of them from phone numbers that I recognize.

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Guys,
It appears that the new phone is going to have to relearn my blocked calls. I added 10 today. My carrier is Project Fi.

Randy

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Monday I got a replacement for my damaged Pixel 2xl. I did all the change over stuff and everything seemed to go flawlessly. The new phone works fine. My problem is that every day I now get dozens of spam and robocalls. I generally get 1-2 of these calls a day, but since I got my new phone, it just won't stop ringing. I use Hiya, which identifies most bad calls, but all the needless ringing is bugging me. Yeah, I'm on the useless Do Not Call list. Is there anything else I can do to stop these calls? Did the phone change over trigger something?

Thanks
Randy

I just started getting a bunchore the last couple days too but I'm on a s9. What carrier are you on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly