What to buy... Toshiba thrive?????

mario99

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I'm looking for a tablet that I can use to surf, watch movies and basic apps like sound hound. I dont want a low end cause I bought one for my wife and she loves it, but it's not responsive for my taste. I will use it for a lot pdf as well. I've been debating between the Toshiba Thrive, Galaxy 10.1 and the transformer. Currently leaning towards the Thrive cause it has a standard USB and I can plug in my ext drive and watch movies.

curious to see if anyone else would recommend something else, or confirm this tablet.

Let me know!

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I always recommend the same three tablets-
Android-
Asus Transformer
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
iOS-
iPad2

I really feel those are the best three and then it is just deciding which eco system one wants to go with.

Since we are on an Android site I will just talk about the two Androids.
The Transformer comes at a good price point, has an IPS display, and can be mated with the dock if one wishes.
The Galaxy is sleek, light and has a vibrant display.

:)

mario99

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I always recommend the same three tablets-
Android-
Asus Transformer
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
iOS-
iPad2

I really feel those are the best three and then it is just deciding which eco system one wants to go with.

Since we are on an Android site I will just talk about the two Androids.
The Transformer comes at a good price point, has an IPS display, and can be mated with the dock if one wishes.
The Galaxy is sleek, light and has a vibrant display.

:)

Thanks! I do LOVE the Galaxy form factor.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
@END -- I noticed you didn't mention the Thrive. Is there a reason why you don't like it? I too like the Transformer but I've been considering the Thrive too.

mario99

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
After playing with all the tablets, I have to say I am not excited for the thrive any longer. Its too bulky and I think it feels like old tech. Its a nice tablet if you can get around the form factor.

Now I am debating between the gt10.2 and the 8.9. Leaning towards the 8.9.

decisions decisions...