What we already knew

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha, ok, then I guess its not completely necessary to point out that its not an article. And you seem to have it out for me expressing my opinion because I don't agree with his, so...

I definitely don't -- just trying to figure out how you think they logically should call out everything known to man as a reason to justify it as trash. That type of thinking never works since you could apply it to any article/opinion via "Well they didn't write about this other company doing (X)!" -- but instead they are a site about Google talking about.. Google. So it makes more sense to me for them to call them out.

I get loving a company / defending your products & purchase decision but if something is BS I see no harm in calling it out. I am a huge Google user and also a Apple user. I love both for various reasons but also like when people call them out if they see something kinda eh. Now do I fully agree with the article? Not fully. I mean as we all said we know stuff goes on sale.. but I can see his point on how it stings for people who are eager and try and be the loyal first adopters.

Basically I can see both sides of the coin. I was just trying to see how you are mad at the guy didn't write about an LG dishwasher.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It hits close to home with the Pixel because of how soon they are released to Black Friday. If they released their new phones in June or July, this wouldn't be a big deal. When you release in October and the next month Black Friday hits, it is more jarring. This is simply common sense. Call it click bait but who cares? The internet is 99% click bait. For someone who got their OG Pixel for free on a Black Friday deal, I don't know why you care so much.

I really do understand the frustration of someone who paid full price, I wouldn't be happy either, but phones going on sale for black friday isn't new this year, and it isn't specific to the pixel. Every year google releases their new phones in the fall. Verizon exclusives always have a large discount offer, even if recently released. Maybe wait a few extra weeks to see if they go on sale for biggest holiday shopping season? That seems like common sense to me.

I don't care so much. But I am entertained by all the people who are acting like, OMG, phones go on sale for Black Friday? WTF, I just paid full price on release day. I'm being punished as an early adopter.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Opposite side of the coin is if Google didn't offer a Black Friday deal we would still have people upset. The only true remedy is if they change their release date. I personally don't care that I paid more because knew the risks of buying early which are not just monetary. I do understand some feeling robbed by buying early, but if that's a popular concenses it's also a lesson learned for future purchases.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I definitely don't -- just trying to figure out how you think they logically should call out everything known to man as a reason to justify it as trash. That type of thinking never works since you could apply it to any article/opinion via "Well they didn't write about this other company doing (X)!" -- but instead they are a site about Google talking about.. Google. So it makes more sense to me for them to call them out.

I get loving a company / defending your products & purchase decision but if something is BS I see no harm in calling it out. I am a huge Google user and also a Apple user. I love both for various reasons but also like when people call them out if they see something kinda eh. Now do I fully agree with the article? Not fully. I mean as we all said we know stuff goes on sale.. but I can see his point on how it stings for people who are eager and try and be the loyal first adopters.

Basically I can see both sides of the coin. I was just trying to see how you are mad at the guy didn't write about an LG dishwasher.

Haha, you really liked my hypothetical dishwasher article title. Don't confuse my comments as anger - I made out better than ever on black friday. I've said what I wanted to say, so catch you elsewhere.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha, you really liked my hypothetical dishwasher article title. Don't confuse my comments as anger - I made out better than ever on black friday. I've said what I wanted to say, so catch you elsewhere.

Well I have to go on that... I can't read minds so I have to go on what you posted ;).