What We'd Like to See in the Next Sense Update

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Less memory consumed by Sense.
2. Better multitasking.
3. Ability to print money.

HTC, please pick two of the above three.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to know your guys' opinions on what should be included i the next Sense 4.5 update.

* A SMALLER FOOTPRINT, so multitasking works even better.
* The ability to automatically alphabetize the home screens.
* A fixed Gallery that understands multilevel directories and SHOWS THEM THAT WAY (I use Quicpic).
* Built-in controllable, repeating, audible notifications for VM, text, and missed calls.
* FIX THE LOCK SCREEN so we can use security without having to double unlock.
* For the love of God, alphabetize ALL menus, especially Settings.
* Please give us a landscape home screen. Why are you preventing us from using what is already there?
* RETAIN USB Mass Storage mode (thank you for adding it back to ICS).
* Add visible/audible focus/exposure lock feedback with the half-press of camera button.
* Allow for more rows & columns on the home screens. There is far too much wasted space.
* Add back hidden options, such as "disable smart sync" and "advanced settings".

Those are my BIG things/annoyances.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The Double lock thing is actually considered (at least by HTC) as a feature: You can unlock directly to the camera app and bypass the lockscreen completely.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
With Nova Launcher, you can adjust the rows and columns allowing for more on a screen and it also allows for landscape home screen. I highly recommend Nova.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
The old tip calculator widget (actually all the old widgets that still haven't made it into the newest version of Sense) and Google Now. I'll be happy with just those.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Resize any widget and scrolling app tray at the bottom like apex. That would make it perfect for me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
better voice command. with my og evo, i was able to press a "voice command" icon and say, "text message <contact name>", and it would open the stock sms app with the <contact name> entered and ready to transcribe an sms message with a single button push.

maybe hone in some keywords that would start apps too.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect the next Senes update to be quite that comprehensive.

We can hope, can't we??? I certainly don't expect it, but I think my list is pretty reasonable/doable :) Several things on my list are already done, they just need to expose them. A few others, like alphabetizing are easy as cake...

(I also fleshed out my suggestions more and Emailed them to HTC)

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
My thinking is that if HTC is going to release a new phone(The One X5), then they will fix all the issues associated with their last generation of phones (The Evo LTE, One Series). Therefore, I think we'll see all those improvements we've been wanting for so long.

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
* A SMALLER FOOTPRINT, so multitasking works even better.
* The ability to automatically alphabetize the home screens.
* A fixed Gallery that understands multilevel directories and SHOWS THEM THAT WAY (I use Quicpic).
* Built-in controllable, repeating, audible notifications for VM, text, and missed calls.
* FIX THE LOCK SCREEN so we can use security without having to double unlock.
* For the love of God, alphabetize ALL menus, especially Settings.
* Please give us a landscape home screen. Why are you preventing us from using what is already there?
* RETAIN USB Mass Storage mode (thank you for adding it back to ICS).
* Add visible/audible focus/exposure lock feedback with the half-press of camera button.
* Allow for more rows & columns on the home screens. There is far too much wasted space.
* Add back hidden options, such as "disable smart sync" and "advanced settings".

Those are my BIG things/annoyances.

Very good points! Personally the gallery viewer and multitasking are the two items I need fixed asap. I'm gonna test out quicpic. thanks for the suggestion.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't expect the next Senes update to be quite that comprehensive.

What did HTC tell you at the Frequencies meeting? Please tell me... :)

I'd assumed JB approximate dates were talked about and perhaps some new hardware (One X 5, HTC Nexus, One tablet), but I had forgotten about Sense. The only thing I'd really like to see from Sense is better multitasking. It already is at a point where it doesn't bother me, but it still is its most glaring flaw. Quick settings would be nice, but Power Toggles completely nullifies that. Anything else is just (extra) icing on the cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3