Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
iMessage.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Look at what you gain. Samsung Pay which works at far more places than Apple Pay. Customization. An open operating system.

I don't use Facetime, but I've seen and heard that mentioned. But I've been told there are alternatives in the Android world.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
is that something that should prevent me from leaving apple. i previously had issues when i used the GS7 for 2 weeks.

I see you're sceptical about making the move. I've observed people who are sceptical end up carving out faults in Android and OEMs, ignoring the spirit of the whole Google ecosystem. So if you're sceptical about the move, don't do it. Stick with what you're comfortable with. You're an apple guy and there's nothing wrong with that.

Having said that, I've been an apple user for years and it doesn't even come close to Google ecosystem. Flexibility. Is the key. Once I came to Android side with an open mind, I never went back. Apple has lost its charm in profits. Stuck. Badly.

Posted via the Android Central App

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
If you're open minded nothing. The great thing about Android. is that your able to customize your phone to your liking not just what apple tells you your phone will look like. Does it have its problems? Yes but so does apple so. Give it a try and see if it's your cup of tea. I used apple for years up until about 2 years ago. Since then I've never even considered getting another iphone. There's way to much to discover with Android to not be interested .

Posted via the Android Central App

bostonnerd

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I made that switch about three weeks ago. Had an iPhone 6 since launch day and many iPhones prior to that. I've also used Android devices off and on for a number of years.

To answer your question, it depends :)

What I miss from the iPhone is:
* Receiving timely updates without waiting for OEMS and carriers to get their collective acts together
* Being able to walk into an Apple store and swap out a defective in-warranty device quickly and painlessly

That's about it really - If you're content with the IOS functionality and UI out of the box, knowing that you cannot deviate (much) from it, than you will be happy with an iPhone. If you have behavioral or functional requirements that the iPhone cannot provide, then go with Android. You will be much happier.

As an example - During the week I am in meetings constantly, and on weekends I'm attending events that I do not want to be disturbed while there. The iPhone has a "do not disturb" function but it doesn't allow for specific meeting times. Drove me (and other meeting attendees) crazy if someone forgot to toggle do not disturb on. With Android, there are any number of apps (I use Agent) that get much more granular and toggle sounds based on meetings/events in your calendar. Not important to everyone, but it is to me.

So.....you are trading customization for "do it Apple's way" with an iPhone. With that said, while you can debate the merits of their operating systems, both are robust and well done within their respective boundaries. Apple, HTC, and Samsung internal hardware designs are all excellent and get the job done.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 6 user myself and I'm strongly considering switching to the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. As someone who has had the iPhone since the iPhone 4 I can say that I'm very frustrated with Apple. I hate that you cannot customize your phone the way you want. I also hate the fact that you cannot get rid of the default apps. The thing I hate most of all about Apple is the fact that a lot of stores do not accept Apple Pay. I'd love to use Samsung Pay. The only problem for me is that my bank doesn't support Samsung Pay right now. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. For me it comes down to being able to hold the phone in my hand. I have small hands and I don't want to drop my phone. Can anyone here tell me which one is easier to hold in my your hand?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Going form an iPhone to an S7...
>Worry free shatter and drop-impact resistance of Aluminum.
>In-store service and tech support.
>Universal polarity of the lightning connector and its study robust feel.
>Fool-proof security of apples close-controlled ecosystem. (I mean that with no dis-respect, the way apple manages its apps and software downloads, IMHO it really is about as cyber/cellular-safe as you can get.)
>You will have to get used to being on the look out for malware and ad-ware.
>Apples accessory market.

If you are on a Mac, there's simply no way to reliably plug your android phone into it for data transfers. From my experience Android File Transfer doesn't cut it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 6 user myself and I'm strongly considering switching to the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. As someone who has had the iPhone since the iPhone 4 I can say that I'm very frustrated with Apple. I hate that you cannot customize your phone the way you want. I also hate the fact that you cannot get rid of the default apps. The thing I hate most of all about Apple is the fact that a lot of stores do not accept Apple Pay. I'd love to use Samsung Pay. The only problem for me is that my bank doesn't support Samsung Pay right now. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. For me it comes down to being able to hold the phone in my hand. I have small hands and I don't want to drop my phone. Can anyone here tell me which one is easier to hold in my your hand?
Hands down the s7 is much more comfortable to hold on the hand vs the edge

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6 and many others that came before that one. For me i was never satisfied with the iPhone. Sure it works, But it was also very boring. A few months after the new model came out i was ready for something different but had to wait till the next iPhone came out. And I had all my music loaded onto the iPhone instead of streaming. But when ever iPhone had an update i would loose half my music and had to download it from i tunes match. This took me hours and hours, I heard about the galaxy s7 about a month and a half before it came out. I am so happy i waited. I think the Galaxy S7 is far better then the iPhone 6. This is my opinion of course, and i don't miss a thing about the iPhone. I love that the S7 has a SD card for all my music, and it is so easy to transfer without having to do it through i tunes or i tunes match. I was skeptical at 1st too but i really needed something different.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For me it comes down to being able to hold the phone in my hand. I have small hands and I don't want to drop my phone. Can anyone here tell me which one is easier to hold in my your hand?

This is my situation (very small hands) and I went with an S7 and a minimalist case (Spigen thin fit). With this combo, I can one-hand a lot of tasks on the S7 without much trouble and I have yet to drop my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781