What would you like to see in future Samsung devices?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
It is kind of hard to come up with a lot of things, given that Samsung flagship devices have water resistance, expandable storage, serviceable to good cameras, some of the best displays in the business, a lot of RAM and built in storage, heart rate sensors, etc.

That said there is a feature I would like to see in new Samsungs, and it isn't a new thing by any means. I would love to see a return of the IR blaster. I bought a S6 on the cheap($50) to use as a backup and diddling around with and I immediately went to using the IR blaster for my TV and satellite remote. It is not an essential feature, but it is a very convenient one to have, and I lose my remotes all the time.

Iris scanning would be another one, as the in display fingerprint sensor isn't quite spectacular at this time, and is a better alternative to facial recognition.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
1. More timely updates and longer update support. OS updates for 3 years and security updates for 3 as well would be very welcome (but unlikely). For mid-range/budget models 2 year update support is understandable.

2. OIS, improved low light photos and better performance on Galaxy A devices below 400 pounds. The latter two are the most likely. Phones like the A50 are brilliant but their cameras suck in low light and performance is mediocre. The new A50s is a step in the right direction but more needs to be done. I would’ve also mentioned an effective night mode but Samsung recently did that.

3. More refinement of basic features like the fingerprint sensor and battery capacity. Samsung phones have solid (and in some cases great) battery lives and decent fingerprint sensors but better battery efficiency and faster fingerprint sensors would be nice.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
For one I would like to see at least a basic FLIR camera similar to that of a CAT S60. Then I would wait 2 years to buy said phone in order to get it for $300 on Straight Talk.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do agree with you that it's getting harder and harder to add onto already-awesome flagship phones. Going off of an idea that Samsung has already implemented (and Nokia did this as well in one of their models, I'm pretty sure) is to have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The S10e has done this and I just think it's so cool, against the grain (or against the mainstream back/front/in-display scanners that we've already seen on most devices) and really unique.

Also, I'm with you with IR blasters. As someone who loses their remote control often, it'd be nice to have that again. I know my husband used his IR blaster on previous phones.

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to be able to answer the phone using the proximity sensor like HTC and others, where you just put it to your ear to answer. You don't have to use a button to answer a call. Samsung makes you use a button to answer and no they don't have a way to do this now.

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Wish Samsung would get rid of their ascending ringer when you get a phone call where it starts out low and gets louder. Just make it loud from the beginning.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to be able to answer the phone using the proximity sensor like HTC and others, where you just put it to your ear to answer. You don't have to use a button to answer a call. Samsung makes you use a button to answer and no they don't have a way to do this now.

That would be pretty cool and convenient.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
All of the above.... and lower the d@#n price of the flagships to a reasonable level so folks will start buying them again lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d