What's draining my battery?

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an original Pixel XL running Android 10. Since the update my battery has been draining pretty quickly. I understand that many of the apps still need to get optimized but right now I'm at 78% and when I look at the battery usage I only see what has used 2%, the rest is unaccounted for. Is there a way to see what is draining the battery so quickly but doesn't show up on the battery usage report?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Battery menu, are you tapping the Menu button and then tapping Show Full Device Usage?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Would it be because that percentage is taken from the amount you've lost instead of the 100% of the entire battery life?

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I see the same thing. Battery charge now only lasts 3/4 of a day! Truly a pain. Waiting on next gen Pixels to get a new XL. Wifie wants to consolidate our accounts, AT&T (her) and Verizon (me), so don't know at this point where we end up. So not especially concerned till then.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. After 3 years, the battery is probably not up to snuff (lithium batteries usually don't last more than 2 or 3 years before going completely dead - 4 years with 3/4 of a day isn't bad).

2. Don't get the Verizon Pixel <anything>, get the generic one from Google. (Verizon has the phone locked up to the point that it's surprising it works. The generic phone works fine on Verizon, is worth a lot more at sale time, and if you decide to do anything with it that requires unlocking the bootloader [like installing an update manually by backing up the phone and flashing the entire ROM], it's not a problem. You can also root it, install TWRP, etc. Which is why it's worth more.)

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Ruckbat. I bought my Pixel outright from the store and will probably do the same again in November, regardless of which carrier we or I are with, or maybe move to a Galaxy Note if I can avoid the @&$# Samsung bloatware.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
1. After 3 years, the battery is probably not up to snuff (lithium batteries usually don't last more than 2 or 3 years before going completely dead - 4 years with 3/4 of a day isn't bad).

I fully agree, but if on a Monday on Android 9 a batter lasts 20 hours and then on a Tueaday on Android 10 the battery lasts 10 hours, the culprit is more likely to be Android 10 and not the gradual wear down of a 3 year old battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110