What's the name of the stock Touchwiz Weather/Clock widget?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Weather. Wouldn't you have to switch back to Touchwiz?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Can I use it on my home screen using Nova? I can't seem to find it in the widget drawer.

I saw on the g+ nova board that you can still use it. Just ask on that board but the tw weather app is terrible compared to apps like weather timeline. The tw app is basically just a link to a website.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Can I use it on my home screen using Nova? I can't seem to find it in the widget drawer.

The weather widget will only work with TW, as far as I know and I tried all tricks I knew. But today, in another thread here it was mentioned that there is another app that allows for a widget very similar to the original one, I did it and it looks very good. Look for Digital Clock Xperia on the Play Store.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
The weather widget will only work with TW, as far as I know and I tried all tricks I knew. But today, in another thread here it was mentioned that there is another app that allows for a widget very similar to the original one, I did it and it looks very good. Look for Digital Clock Xperia on the Play Store.

What about downloading the Samsung weather widget apk over on XDA?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You guys aren't exactly making me want to try on Nova on my GS6. Why do you have to go so many places for widgets? Tried Nova back on my GS3 but switched back to stock.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What about downloading the Samsung weather widget apk over on XDA?

Don't know about that, I haven't seen that post over XDA, I'll take a look to see if I can find something about it, thanks.

*update *

Yes, I've used that one before, it's based on XWidgets, when I tried it first I didn't like it, and I don't have the patience or the skills to do it from scratch, but the latest version that is available now, looks a lot better, almost identical to original, so I'll use this one for a while to see how it behaves, thanks.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the latest version from Aatif from the thread on XDA forums of this widget based on Xwidget, and then edited it a little because the alignment on some text fields weren't right and some words were cutted, so here it's the results, if it wasn't for the first digit on the hour that when the hour is single digit it shows 0 instead of nothing, this will look just like the original.

So, if some of you with any third party launcher instead of Touch Wiz, would like to give it a try, just download Xwidgets from the Play Store, then download this zip file from here, and then uncompress the folder into your Xwidget\Widgets folder and then open Xwidget and in the Local option click on the 3 dots at the top right corner and do a Refresh list, you should have it in your list now, then just add the widget to your home page and once you have the widget just click on the line that says Updated and it will show you the options so you can customize your settings.

**ALL CREDITS TO Aatif from XDA Forums, I just edited 2 or 3 lines to calm my OCD**

It will look like this.

Screenshot_2015-05-18-11-04-55.png

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
After downloading from the thread on XDA forums the latest version of this widget based on Xwidget, and then edited it a little because the alignment on some text fields weren't right and some words were cutted, I think I managed to get the closest version to the original widget, if it wasn't for the first digit on the hour that when the hour is single digit it shows 0 instead of nothing, this will look just like the original.

So, if some of you with any third party launcher instead of Touch Wiz, would like to give it a try, just download Xwidgets from the Play Store, then download this zip file from here, and then uncompress the folder into your Xwidget\Widgets folder and then open Xwidget and in the Local option click on the 3 dots at the top right corner and do a Refresh list, you should have it in your list now, then just add the widget to your home page and once you have the widget just click on the line that says Updated and it will show you the options so you can customize your settings.

**ALL CREDITS TO Aatif from XDA Forums, I just edited 2 or 3 lines to calm my OCD**

It will look like this.

View attachment 176880

Looks awesome. Love the folders. Like the editing. Would love to download the widget without all the work.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why can't we use any widget with any homescreen launcher, stock or third party? Rhetorical question I am sure.

seb1509

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Because samsung wants you to stick to their launcher, most likely. This is a samsung widget, so if you want it you have to use their launcher. This has been the case for most phones though

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
You guys aren't exactly making me want to try on Nova on my GS6. Why do you have to go so many places for widgets? Tried Nova back on my GS3 but switched back to stock.

Dude, nova is the best, if you don't try it you will never know.

dreaming of electric sheep

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Accu Weather works with nova (prime)! I'm using it right now... Look below>>>
[Hide]
3d05dc833b79547ef2ec9855bad19878.jpg
a7a2142989ff9d09a443001ec0eb9791.jpg
6180a572c077a4641c49dcd6021c023a.jpg
[/Hide]

joshic75

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I downloaded Accuweather from Play store but I can't see the clock widget you have posted above.

Could you send play store link of the app please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay