Camera

Now playing

If Google assistant was more useful I'd love the squeeze function too

Like the rear sensor but LG takes credit for that

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
More useful..?? In what way..?

Tbh its more Assistants in general that I dont find useful.

All i really use it for is setting timers occassionally.
Voice can be a bit ropey for internet searches so I just go straight to typing it.

The now playing means I dont need it for music as much.

Other than that I struggle to find a use for it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint reader (I came from a Note 3), frequent (and easy to flash - I hate having to play up and down with Magisk) updates, and Pie now that I'm getting used to it. Still a few things I;d like to see changed in Pie, but keeping the battery saver state is nice - I had to keep hitting it every time I unplugged the charger. And no more red borders when it's on.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Tbh its more Assistants in general that I dont find useful.

All i really use it for is setting timers occassionally.
Voice can be a bit ropey for internet searches so I just go straight to typing it.

The now playing means I dont need it for music as much.

Other than that I struggle to find a use for it.
I have a similar struggle. Part of it for me is I'm rarely in a place where I can talk to it clearly. At work we are in an open collaborative environment so it's generally either noisy or super quiet and when it is quiet I don't want to disrupt people if they are working.

At home, the kids generally talk over my wife and I so trying to talk to assistant then is almost pointless because it gets multiple conversations and has no idea what we are asking lol.

However I am trying to force myself to use it a little more when the situation calls for it. I'm going to be traveling this week and I'm going to attempt to incorporate using voice more instead of typing. I had an entire conversation by text the other day with my wife when I was the only one home from across the room and never touched the phone while I was cooking which was kind of fun.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Great thread topic! Thank you for posting!

I love double-tap to wake (missed that on my LG G3) and the native Messages SMS app. I have always used Textra on other devices but I really like how the native app works with the phone. I can set different texting tones per contact (my last two phones didn't allow this; hence my download of Textra) and Pie just makes being able to answer messages while working in another app that much easier.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Fingerprint reader (I came from a Note 3), frequent (and easy to flash - I hate having to play up and down with Magisk) updates, and Pie now that I'm getting used to it. Still a few things I;d like to see changed in Pie, but keeping the battery saver state is nice - I had to keep hitting it every time I unplugged the charger. And no more red borders when it's on.
I agree didn't like the red borders , glad that went away

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Great thread topic! Thank you for posting!

I love double-tap to wake (missed that on my LG G3) and the native Messages SMS app. I have always used Textra on other devices but I really like how the native app works with the phone. I can set different texting tones per contact (my last two phones didn't allow this; hence my download of Textra) and Pie just makes being able to answer messages while working in another app that much easier.

Thank you)
I like the double tap feature also

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I need to add one that came with Pie. The rotate quick toggle that appears in the navigation bar when you turn the phone so you can show a picture or video or something. I'm using the hell out of that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I need to add one that came with Pie. The rotate quick toggle that appears in the navigation bar when you turn the phone so you can show a picture or video or something. I'm using the hell out of that.

Yes ..must not have auto rotate on for it to work . Very nice touch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463