What's your Screen-On time?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
After a few weeks of ownership, I'm somewhat disappointed with battery life. It's good, but not what I expected from 2600mah (coming from an EVO 4G LTE). I'm getting about 4.5 hours of screen on time on average (screen shots coming soon, been busy lately to let it fully discharge). Power saver CPU switched on (no additional lag, and I seemed to be on my way to 6 hours screen on, but haven't been able to replicate that since. Now it seems to make little difference), no Google Now/sync, Auto brightness, haptic feedback off, using lightflow...

What's your best Screen-On time result? I've heard of the Octa version breaking six. I don't think I've ever seen a S600 variant get much more than a few minutes over 5 hours. What's disappointing is that the One can break 6 hours too (still going back and forth on which handset to keep).

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind, the screen on the One drains less battery than the one on the S4, also the lack of bloatware sucking 1% battery for each app (times about 10-11) is apparent. If you can get 4.5-5 hours of screen time on a single charge, you're grooving.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Ive got all bloatware disabled, and according to GSAM my app usage is pretty much under control. I swear I was matching that screen on figure last year with my evo, and even the GSIII. Guess my expectations were a little high. I'm still holding out hope that a software update can help in the future

Posted via Android Central App

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
4.5 hours of screen time sounds awesome. I usually only get 2.5 to 3 hours screen time on a 12 to 14 hour battery usage. I'm ok with this during Monday to Fridays since I'm at work most of the day anyways and my phone isn't used as much but on weekends this is where I wish it could get better.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
After a few weeks of ownership, I'm somewhat disappointed with battery life. It's good, but not what I expected from 2600mah (coming from an EVO 4G LTE). I'm getting about 4.5 hours of screen on time on average (screen shots coming soon, been busy lately to let it fully discharge). Power saver CPU switched on (no additional lag, and I seemed to be on my way to 6 hours screen on, but haven't been able to replicate that since. Now it seems to make little difference), no Google Now/sync, Auto brightness, haptic feedback off, using lightflow...

What's your best Screen-On time result? I've heard of the Octa version breaking six. I don't think I've ever seen a S600 variant get much more than a few minutes over 5 hours. What's disappointing is that the One can break 6 hours too (still going back and forth on which handset to keep).

4.5 hours of screen time is disappointing???
Many of us are lucky to get even 3 hrs...The most I have gotten was 4 hrs and that was only once..I don't even know how I did it
Average for me is 3.25 hrs...I must be doing something wrong if other Octa holders are getting 6
I constantly listen to music on my phone though, so that could be part of the cause
I'll go a day without listening to music and test it to see

I also have haptic feedback on, Power Saving mode off...I NEED haptic feedback, but Ill try power saving mode and see how long I can get

Paolo Pichero

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
HI guys, I just wanted to share my screen times with you. I got these results with lowest brightness, using wifi, data off, blue tooth off and all the other cool features off as well.

Partial -
2014-01-05 (3).png
2014-01-05 (2).png

Complete-
2014-01-05.png
2014-01-05 (1).png

Are these decent battery times?
I must add that I started using the screen non-stop when the battery level was at 95%

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Brightness : 100% whole time
Wifi : Turned ON Majority of the time
Accounts : FB , twitter , Samsung , Facebook enabled Apps for Sync , Whatsapp , GMail.
Haptic Feedback Enabled/No Battery Savers Enabled/Google Now enabled/Photo auto-upload disabled/Bluetooth sometimes ON

(I took screenshot at 5% because 100% brightness can't be enabled once it reaches 5%)

I can extend battery life for one more hour If I change my wallpaper to a darker color (AMOLED screen) instead of brighter one + Putting brightness at 80%

On medium brightness/Auto brightness , I get around 6 hours on-screen time very easily.

yes , this is Exynos Version.

Screenshot_2014-01-06-05-50-42.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-06-05-49-54.jpg

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
HI guys, I just wanted to share my screen times with you. I got these results with lowest brightness, using wifi, data off, blue tooth off and all the other cool features off as well.

Partial -
View attachment 99860
View attachment 99861

Complete-
View attachment 99862
View attachment 99863

Are these decent battery times?
I must add that I started using the screen non-stop when the battery level was at 95%

Not bad , they are decent but at lowest brightness ? That's somewhat disappointing because I got 4h screen time with 100% brightness whole time (i.e slider to the right) and I think your phone is a victim of wakelocks.

Once run wakelock detector app and post stats , You can sort it out.

Did you enable any battery saver app ? If no , then no need to worry otherwise ask for battery replacement.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind, the screen on the One drains less battery than the one on the S4, also the lack of bloatware sucking 1% battery for each app (times about 10-11) is apparent. If you can get 4.5-5 hours of screen time on a single charge, you're grooving.

Charging time on One is f****** slow , it takes too long (because HTC unsurprisingly disabled fast charge mechanism).Samsung phones charge so fast , its so useful.

I prefer to have my battery charged from 0% to 95% in 90 minutes rather than waiting 150-180 minutes to charge.Yes , you can use fast charger (non-HTC charger) but it will mess with battery longevity on One and it has non-removable battery.

if you use black themes in apps and change to darker wallpapers , it will drain lot less.

I am not following any strict guidelines regarding wallpapers/themes because battery life what I am getting currently is decent and phone gets charged so fast if battery is necessary.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Here are results for my normal usage :
Wifi : Around 6-8 hours turned ON
Brightness : Random (sometimes full , sometimes low , sometimes medium but mostly low-to-medium brightness)

Remaining all same pretty much (as in previous comment) :

Screenshot_2014-01-08-19-05-53.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-08-19-06-01.jpg

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Running CyanogenMod 11 with KitKat 4.4.2 but got similar with the stock ROM.

Wifi - On all the time.
Bluetooth - Only on in the car.
Sync - On all the time.
Brightness - Auto
Screen time - Nearly 3 hours.
Accounts - Facebook/Twitter/Google+/WhatsApp/BBM/Snapchat/LinkedIn/Instagram.

batterystats.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90