When is 4.0.3 coming officially?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would highly recommend running custom ROM's over waiting for OTA. ZYGOT3 1.8 has more features already then any update will get you and this is only the start of what were going to see from the great developers this phone has.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Since this has been brought up.I have a question. Do u ever think we will see like back with the OG droid where there will be plug and play rooting and roms like clockwork mod. When doing all those things were done at the press of a button so to speak

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I always wait for plug and play apps before rooting. I'm not willing to take chances.

Also the Nexus was just released - I want to give Google some time to update it a few times before rooting.

You won't find dates of updates... unless they are announced which they usually are not.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I always wait for plug and play apps before rooting. I'm not willing to take chances.

Also the Nexus was just released - I want to give Google some time to update it a few times before rooting.

You won't find dates of updates... unless they are announced which they usually are not.

This^ pretty much sums up my thoughts

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Definitely going to allow Google some time to roll out a few updates before I start loading custom ROMs. I'm also curious to see how long the "processing" time will be to get updates pushed.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Im about to root this eve. Root will give me every ota months before they are sent out. So as for me the update is later this eve.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Since this has been brought up.I have a question. Do u ever think we will see like back with the OG droid where there will be plug and play rooting and roms like clockwork mod. When doing all those things were done at the press of a button so to speak

One click methods are too dangerous anymore from what I've seen. I think one click root bricked more pure honeycomb then rooted.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
With past releases of Android from Google you will usually have it before you know its coming unless the its distro'd in certain areas first.

With the Verizon nexus I think it will be different though. I think we will know an update is coming because I think GSM nexus owners will get it a couple weeks before the LTE customers will unless the update being sent ota is strictly for LTE owners.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are unable to use adb you should learn it. It is simple to root the nexus with it and the one clicks right now are screwing up phones. I never used adb before and within 5 minutes I had it installed and unlocked the bootloader and had it rooted.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I installed the ADP a while ago and hadn't used it until now. I unlocked my bootloader but, I'm not sure I'm ready to root yet. I think i will wait awhile for a few updates also.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Is the root/unlock method on the modding forum considered a one click method? I assume so since it is not using ADB. I had ADB installed on my last machine but it has been awhile ... ;)