When is the release date

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I know this probably stupid question, but when can we pre order the note 9?

I see dates like August 2nd, August 9th. Is the 9th preorder date or when it actually releases. I'm usually more up to date on this info, but been extremely busy with work and doctor appointments. Thank you very much in advance for any info

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Note 9 will be announced on August 9, 2018, at an Unpacked event in New York City.

We can expect retail availability to come in a 1-2 week time frame after the announcement, if any previous launches are any indication.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I see dates like August 2nd, August 9th. Is the 9th preorder date or when it actually releases. I'm usually more up to date on this info, but been extremely busy with work and doctor appointments. Thank you very much in advance for any info

Other poster below already gave you the date of the unpacking so I'll add the preorder date info I've heard. I've heard preorder might start the 17th but I don't know how true that is. But I believe last year with the note8 the unpacking was on a Wednesday and I think preorder started that following friday at like 12am. I'm thinking they probably do the note9 preorder on Friday August 10 at around 12am. I might be wrong but I think that is how they did it last year. And gosh I remember last year Verizon sent the note8 out a week or 2 early which was a shocker for me lol. I won't mind if they did that again lol. But won't give hopes up. Hope all is well:)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Pre-order dates could depend on where you reside and from what source your ordering from.

Personally I await for YouTube real user reviews before investing.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Other poster below already gave you the date of the unpacking so I'll add the preorder date info I've heard. I've heard preorder might start the 17th but I don't know how true that is. But I believe last year with the note8 the unpacking was on a Wednesday and I think preorder started that following friday at like 12am. I'm thinking they probably do the note9 preorder on Friday August 10 at around 12am. I might be wrong but I think that is how they did it last year. And gosh I remember last year Verizon sent the note8 out a week or 2 early which was a shocker for me lol. I won't mind if they did that again lol. But won't give hopes up. Hope all is well:)
Not sure who mentioned 8/17. But, that's way too late for a start date. Like you said, I would tend to believe 8/10 or 8/11 pre-order start. If they start shipping around 8/19-8/20, a 8/17 pre-order start makes no sense.
I am VERY curious what the price point will be for T-mobile this time around. This is the first note since the Note 3 that I wasn't 100% sure I was going to get.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Not sure who mentioned 8/17. But, that's way too late for a start date. Like you said, I would tend to believe 8/10 or 8/11 pre-order start. If they start shipping around 8/19-8/20, a 8/17 pre-order start makes no sense.
I am VERY curious what the price point will be for T-mobile this time around. This is the first note since the Note 3 that I wasn't 100% sure I was going to get.

I heard it on GregglestTV on YouTube. I actually just went back and watched it cause he said he heard preorder might start in Korea on August 14th and then said for US preorder might start on August 10 or 17th. But I don't truly believe stories til the note9 is released and Verizon has it on their site to preorder lol. But yeah makes more since for the 10th. Either way I'm preordering. I'm a note junkie so I find it hard to skip one lol. Only one I skipped was the note 4(guess you can say note 1 and note 2 since I didn't start with the note series til note 3). I was a Motorola chic til I went into Verizon and played with the note 3 and i was sold and been using the note series every since lol. Note 3 was a great phone. I gave it to someone that needed a phone and couldn't afford one when I got the note 5. I can't comment on Tmobile but I'm curious too but as my husband says it doesn't matter cause I'll get it anyways lmao. Well that sucks that you're not sure about getting the note9. But everything will be final on August 9th so maybe then you will be convinced lol. But if not hey you got to do what makes you happy. You got the note8?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I heard it on GregglestTV on YouTube. I actually just went back and watched it cause he said he heard preorder might start in Korea on August 14th and then said for US preorder might start on August 10 or 17th. But I don't truly believe stories til the note9 is released and Verizon has it on their site to preorder lol. But yeah makes more since for the 10th. Either way I'm preordering. I'm a note junkie so I find it hard to skip one lol. Only one I skipped was the note 4(guess you can say note 1 and note 2 since I didn't start with the note series til note 3). I was a Motorola chic til I went into Verizon and played with the note 3 and i was sold and been using the note series every since lol. Note 3 was a great phone. I gave it to someone that needed a phone and couldn't afford one when I got the note 5. I can't comment on Tmobile but I'm curious too but as my husband says it doesn't matter cause I'll get it anyways lmao. Well that sucks that you're not sure about getting the note9. But everything will be final on August 9th so maybe then you will be convinced lol. But if not hey you got to do what makes you happy. You got the note8?
Yes, I have the Note8. I actually just got an insurance replacement a couple of weeks ago. First time I ever had to use insurance on my phone. So, it's kind of like a new phone.
I've had every note since the Note 3. So, if I didn't get it the Note9, it would be a break in the cycle.
I was helping my mom setup her S8 last night and was just reminded how much nicer the Note8 screen is. Why the S series don't have the same more squared off corners like the Note8, I don't know. It's subtle. But, sure is noticeable.
I known the Note9 will be an improvement. But, at what cost? We'll see soon.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Your query evoked some thoughtful replies. Feel free to trouble us with 'stupid' questions going forward. When pre-ordering does begin, just consider that Verizon began to ship the pre-ordered Note8s over the Labor Day weekend last year with most arriving in the hands of customers on Tuesday, September 5th, 2017. I had my complementary Gear 360 Camera in hand on September 13th, 2017, which was two days before the Note8's wide release. All-in-all I'd think that pre-ordered Note9's will be distributed much less than a month from today; won't be long.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I have the Note8. I actually just got an insurance replacement a couple of weeks ago. First time I ever had to use insurance on my phone. So, it's kind of like a new phone.
I've had every note since the Note 3. So, if I didn't get it the Note9, it would be a break in the cycle.
I was helping my mom setup her S8 last night and was just reminded how much nicer the Note8 screen is. Why the S series don't have the same more squared off corners like the Note8, I don't know. It's subtle. But, sure is noticeable.
I known the Note9 will be an improvement. But, at what cost? We'll see soon.

Oh wow. Drop phone? Or something else? I've been very lucky and haven't had to use insurance on any of my phones. I told my husband if I didn't have insurance that would be the time my phone gets broken lol. Yeah I think s8 with look better if it did. Only s phone I've tried was the s6 edge + and I just didn't care for it. Wasn't a note lol. Yes we will see for sure in a little over 2 weeks:)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow. Drop phone? Or something else? I've been very lucky and haven't had to use insurance on any of my phones. I told my husband if I didn't have insurance that would be the time my phone gets broken lol. Yeah I think s8 with look better if it did. Only s phone I've tried was the s6 edge + and I just didn't care for it. Wasn't a note lol. Yes we will see for sure in a little over 2 weeks:)
I was out of town, staying at my brother's house, out of my normal routine. I put my phone to charge at night on top of a small bookcase. When I went to grab it in the morning, it slipped out of my hand, straight to the hard floor. Looking back, I should have placed it on the floor next to me. Lesson learned.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I was out of town, staying at my brother's house, out of my normal routine. I put my phone to charge at night on top of a small bookcase. When I went to grab it in the morning, it slipped out of my hand, straight to the hard floor. Looking back, I should have placed it on the floor next to me. Lesson learned.

Yikes. I'll have a heart attack of that ever happened to me lol. Glad you got a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24