when the tab is asleep how much power is being used

kaschiro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
when the tab is asleep how much power is being used?? when I say asleep the screen is dark obviously the sleep button has be depressed or the screen is only on for about one minute unless being used automatically. If the screen is dark then it does not consume any battery power, what is is running ? If I turn off the Bluetooth and the gps when not in use will I save battery consumption? I have read that the battery is only good for about 6hrs in constant use, Is that true?? what can I do to conserve battery consumption. I have noticed that my tab 7 has about 12 hours and I guess because the screen is smaller...I have not had it long enough to get a feel for the length of time between charges, but I noticed that it does us a lot more power than the tab seven which is also a Samsung. what can I do to conserve power while the unit is asleep
Kas:):)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
when the tab is asleep how much power is being used?? when I say asleep the screen is dark obviously the sleep button has be depressed or the screen is only on for about one minute unless being used automatically. If the screen is dark then it does not consume any battery power, what is is running ? If I turn off the Bluetooth and the gps when not in use will I save battery consumption? I have read that the battery is only good for about 6hrs in constant use, Is that true?? what can I do to conserve battery consumption. I have noticed that my tab 7 has about 12 hours and I guess because the screen is smaller...I have not had it long enough to get a feel for the length of time between charges, but I noticed that it does us a lot more power than the tab seven which is also a Samsung. what can I do to conserve power while the unit is asleep
Kas:):)

Even if you leave the tab on overnight, letting it go into a deep sleep, the OS is still running. I have had my tab on accidentally for about three days. The radios off help a lot, even though when the tab goes into a deep sleep they become inactive.

kaschiro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there a "deep sleep" and a "sleep"??............what do mean by radios? is that the gps and blue tooth? to put the tab into sleep press off once
Kas

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a "deep sleep" and a "sleep"??............what do mean by radios? is that the gps and blue tooth? to put the tab into sleep press off once
Kas

There are 2 stages. Sleep is when you click power once, and leaving it off it will sleep even deeper, meaning minimum power. Radios meaning Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Sent from a SlimROM S3.