When will it be out

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung has a release date on Nov 6th but I did not see any date for this phone are we going to have to wait for this?

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It is scheduled for November 6th, same as the Skyrocket. I'm getting this phone as soon as it becomes available. I've been wanting this one since the first pix leaked back in May.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
LOL! My wife has been wondering why I'm in "dancing in the streets" mode over this phone. She's had her Inspire for months and she's not a techie, so it's hard for her to understand my enthusiasm.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting on an AT&T upgrade right now. I've had the iPhone up through the 4, and a Windows Phone since December. I had a Nexus One on T-Mobile and liked it a lot. I've even got a Dell Streak (just too big for my pockets).

With the new Nexus just about to come out, why should I want one of the two new android phones coming out on Sunday? I'm not trolling. I actually want one of them. I'm torn between making the switch to back to android or upgrading to the new Samsung Focus S (effectively an Samsung Galaxy S2).

I like Windows Phone and Android. I like the new Nexus, but I also really like the idea of LTE. Thoughts? I'm so on the fence it really hurts

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Really, it depends on whether you want a totally stock Android installation (which is the big thing on all Nexus phones) or whether you want (or have a preference for) one of the manufacturers' UI modifications (Sense, Touchwiz, Blur, etc.). Personally, I like the Sense UI and I am prepared to wait for HTC to integrate it into ICS. The rest of it is all personal hardware preferences. Speaking purely for myself, I wanted an HTC LTE dual core phone with the 16 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, 32GB microSD card capability and qHD display that is becoming more or less standard in high-end Android phones. Further, it had to be an ATT phone as I'm not in a position to switch carriers. The Vivid fills this bill for me. If your requirements are similar, I would recommend it to you, too.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the Galaxy Nexus will be sold at AT&T, so I'm getting a new phone this weekend one way or another! :) I'm just going to have to go with how the phone feels and looks. My Nexus One is the best feeling phone I've ever owned. I would rather hold it than any other phone I have.

I'm not tied to a specific manufacturer. I have been very interested in HTC Sense since it came out. 3.x looks pretty amazing. The key differentiator will be how fast LTE really is here in Atlanta. I get about 5-7 mbps where I live with my wife's "4G" iPhone 4s...1-3 mbps with my Samsung Focus. I bought the Focus because it "spoke" to me. We'll just have to see which one "speaks" to me when I go in there on Sunday. I'm sure I'll have to convince them that I don't want an iPhone 4s.

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what I do. That new Windows Phone may just call my name again. I've never been so on the fence before. It was so much easier on iOS. I didn't have any choices as long as I wanted an iOS based phone. I just always got the one with the most memory (aka, the no regrets model) and called it a day.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I believe ATL is one of the LTE cities. You can tell us how it does. The nice thing about the Vivid and the Skyrocket is their ability to take a mongo SD card. That turns them into 48GB phones. That gives more storage for less money than the equivalent fruit. I'm staying away from Microsludge if it's not a full-up computer.

moto8dog

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Really, it depends on whether you want a totally stock Android installation (which is the big thing on all Nexus phones) or whether you want (or have a preference for) one of the manufacturers' UI modifications (Sense, Touchwiz, Blur, etc.). Personally, I like the Sense UI and I am prepared to wait for HTC to integrate it into ICS. The rest of it is all personal hardware preferences. Speaking purely for myself, I wanted an HTC LTE dual core phone with the 16 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, 32GB microSD card capability and qHD display that is becoming more or less standard in high-end Android phones. Further, it had to be an ATT phone as I'm not in a position to switch carriers. The Vivid fills this bill for me. If your requirements are similar, I would recommend it to you, too.

OMG!! I could not have said it better than you Sir! Enough said, I will only add that I will be on my AT&T store doorstep this Sunday when they open!!

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
OMG!! I could not have said it better than you Sir! Enough said, I will only add that I will be on my AT&T store doorstep this Sunday when they open!!
I wish I could say the same, but I Will have it as soon as the family approves the budget line item. I Want this phone. The rest of the family aren't as techie as I am, so they don't understand why I'm in "dancing in the streets" mode about the Vivid. Oh, well. I eagerly await everyone's first impressions and will post mine as soon as I can get it and bond with it.

Xpimp

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This more then likely will be my first Android handset. After dealing with with berries for the past 3 years, and the iphone 4 since January. I'm ready to pop my Android cherry!!!!

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This more then likely will be my first Android handset. After dealing with with berries for the past 3 years, and the iphone 4 since January. I'm ready to pop my Android cherry!!!!
Dude! I am More than ready!!! I went from stupid phones to a dumb OG RAZR to a BB Curve to this miserable Bold 9700 I'm typing on. I thought it was a good phone when I got it, but at this end of its lifespan, it stinks, and double compared to the Vivid and 90% of the other Android phones out there. From now on, the only fruit I deal with is the kind I can eat.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Isn't anybody worried about buying the Vivid when there is the possibility that the next Nexus will be out in a month or so? Or is it the expandable storage thing that makes the Nexus not worth getting? I don't need NFC. Would rather have KFC.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Isn't anybody worried about buying the Vivid when there is the possibility that the next Nexus will be out in a month or so? Or is it the expandable storage thing that makes the Nexus not worth getting? I don't need NFC. Would rather have KFC.

You know I am curious about this as well but one thing that has me wanting to wait is the no buttons on the nexsus galaxy which is why the screen is bigger to make the butttons digital like on the tablets. The main reason im leaning towards the vivid or even the skyrocket is because theyre lte ready. giving the phone a longer live something i can live with for two years and be able to access the fastest network.

rquinn19

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

I've been waiting on a decent HTC phone since I joined ATT two months ago. I've been using HTC phones since the PPC-6600. I've used plenty of others along the line (rarely keep a phone longer than 3 months nowadays thanks to CL), but HTC always seems to win for me. I'm a big guy so I'd rather have the heftier, solid feeling phone. Samsungs screen irritates me too. Take a picture on that phone then look at it on your PC or another phone and it looks completely different. Specs wise the Nexus sounds great, but just being a Samsung turns me off.

I don't see why the Nexus phones are the only pure Android phones. How hard would it be to sell a Sense Vivid and a non-Sense Vivid (same goes for TW and all the others)?

becandl

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why the Nexus phones are the only pure Android phones. How hard would it be to sell a Sense Vivid and a non-Sense Vivid (same goes for TW and all the others)?

If they did that, they would have to stock both types in stores and seperate both of them in warehouse and such, and it would cost the company a lot more money to pull off. Besides, the Sense UI is the reason many people buy the HTC phones, it's a nice interface.

rquinn19

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
If they did that, they would have to stock both types in stores and seperate both of them in warehouse and such, and it would cost the company a lot more money to pull off. Besides, the Sense UI is the reason many people buy the HTC phones, it's a nice interface.

I doubt that. They sell black and white Evos, why would it be so difficult? If true they could sell one phone and have a "non-Sense" RUU on the website.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mervy333