When will my EVO LTE get KitKat

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Let me give you a serious answer, since the other three didn't want to answer your question.

The evo LTE is about the same age as my s3. We (the s3) will be receiving jb 4.3 by the end of this month. Whereas, technically since the evo LTE was part of the old HTC one lineup, it may not receive anymore updates. With only 1gb of ram the LTE may not even run 4.3 sense stabily. Maybe aosp, but not full blown sense.

It all comes down to the manufacturer and the popularity of the device. Samsung supports their flagships for 18 months. HTC can't say the same, as they base their updates on popularity and demand, since they are a significantly smaller company. 2012 was a very bad year to purchase an HTC device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gagdude

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Let me give you a serious answer, since the other three didn't want to answer your question.

The evo LTE is about the same age as my s3. We (the s3) will be receiving jb 4.3 by the end of this month. Whereas, technically since the evo LTE was part of the old HTC one lineup, it may not receive anymore updates. With only 1gb of ram the LTE may not even run 4.3 sense stabily. Maybe aosp, but not full blown sense.

It all comes down to the manufacturer and the popularity of the device. Samsung supports their flagships for 18 months. HTC can't say the same, as they base their updates on popularity and demand, since they are a significantly smaller company. 2012 was a very bad year to purchase an HTC device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nexus ftw!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19