Where are my text mesages stored?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought a new 32GB Micro SD card to replace my 2GB micro SD card.
I have some text messages I don't want to lose.
Where are my text messages stored? If they are on my SD card will they stay on that card if I remove it and replace it with my new card? Should I unmount the card before removing it?
I have the option to select and save the texts I want to save but I'm not sure where they are going to be stored. If they will be stored on the SD card, I want to wait until my 32GB arrives before I move them.
As always, thanks for the help,
Rob

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Try emailing them to yourself. Most text messaging apps will let you send to an emaill address. As far as where they are stored in the phone I would like to know too. I have never noticed a folder for text messages in the file browser.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

brian607

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea where they are stored so I can not comment on that, but when I upgraded my phone I used SMS Backup+, backed up all my texts to my gmail, then put them all back on my new phone (with the same app) without losing any or having any issues. Might be worth checking out. Should be a viable option for you. Free app.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It looks like my text messages were stored in the memory in my phone.
I got a new Micro SD card and installed it. My text messages were still visible with the new FORMATTED Micro SD card so they had to be in the phone.
I was able to save the text messages I wanted to on the new Micro SD card by clicking SAVE MESSAGES and selecting the texts I wanted to save.
I was then able to open Kies and download them to my desktop (It's an .xml file so it will have to be uploaded back to the phones Micro SD card if I lose it from there).
Hope this helps somebody,
Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000