Where are the downloaded books from Google Play are stored in an Android tablet?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have searched in all folders in the internal storage of my Android tablet but I don't see where are the downloaded books and apps from Google Play are stored. I also want to know if they can be transferred to an external storage (USB drive or SD card. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Media that you download using any of the Google Play apps (i.e., Books, Music, Movies) is saved to a protected system directory that you can't access unless you root the device. I presume this is a way of preventing users from distributing copies. In order to download media to the SD card, you need to change the relevant setting within the app and then re-download the media.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You won't find them. They're there, but they're encrypted (outside of the device encryption). That's done to prevent pirating of the titles.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit007