Where are you guys getting Gear apps from?

rishman1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
... The only place I know of is through the Gear Manager, and there are very few apps there. I don't know of a way to search the Play Store by device. Is there any other additional way to find apps for the Gear?

Thanks!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
... The only place I know of is through the Gear Manager, and there are very few apps there. I don't know of a way to search the Play Store by device. Is there any other additional way to find apps for the Gear?

Thanks!

I think right now the only place to get apps is by using the Gear Manager and through the Samsung App store. There is not a huge selection yet, but they seem to be adding more all the time.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Samuel Moren

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

I cant wait until they start firing away with lots of good apps. I would love to have one for Pandora to show what is playing and controls for it and more than anything I would like to use other texting apps (Handcent to be sure).

I am sure it will happen soon enough :) Just keep checking the Samsung app store through the gear manager, and send messages to the developers of your favorite apps!

philh77

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Wondershare Mobile ( Wondershare MobileGo for Android: Android Manager | OFFICIAL ), and installed it on my PC. Once you hook your GG up via USB, you can download Play Store apps to directly to your GG. I have installed Nova Launcher, the standard keyboard, Netflix (requires an internet connection though), etc. The Wondershare app has a 14 day trial.
is there anything else other than wondershare mobilego? I don't want to pay $40 after the free trial runs out.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Wondershare Mobile ( Wondershare MobileGo for Android: Android Manager | OFFICIAL ), and installed it on my PC. Once you hook your GG up via USB, you can download Play Store apps to directly to your GG. I have installed Nova Launcher, the standard keyboard, Netflix (requires an internet connection though), etc. The Wondershare app has a 14 day trial.

Does Wondershare really cost $40?
How do you hook up your GG with a USB... With the charging cradle?
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does Wondershare really cost $40?
How do you hook up your GG with a USB... With the charging cradle?
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

A whopping $39.95, yes, indeed. There's got to be a cheaper way. Although I'm not sure I want to watch Netflix on a screen the size of a 2001 flip phone screen. And keyboard?!?!?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
is there anything else other than wondershare mobilego? I don't want to pay $40 after the free trial runs out.

Should have mentioned this before. Only a fool would pay $40 to those scam artists. It's a piece of cake to adb install apps to the Gear from the Play Store on your PC.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4