Where can I find videos on how to utilize my phone to the fullest?

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys..i was trying to see if there was possibly a youtuber or some website that I might have missed that might show me how to use my phone to the best of its ability. A lot of times, I run into reviews which are no help, or people that say "Tips and Tricks" and its really nothing that I don't already know.

I tried reading the manual, and while it explained what everything was, it didn't really say how to best use each feature. The camera is a good example of this. There are loads of features in there, but honestly, I don't know why I should use one of the modes like food for example, over just the auto mode. Why should I use PRO mode? What does the things in pro mode do and how should I use them?

Besides the camera, I am pretty sure that there are other features that I am not using that I would like to learn how to use or do not know what they are. Link to Windows is another example of this. I just plug my phone into my computer, why do I have to use Link to Windows?

Anyways, my question is, are there any websites or youtubers out there that go into depth with the Note 10 plus or any Samsung phones?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can go into settings and scroll all the way down to help and hints , forget the name but runs you through your phones capabilities.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
There are a few S-Pen tips and tricks on the last page of this thread. Some may be helpful.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...and-were-answering-your-qs-6.html#post6664861

Also, I know this video is super long, but you can scrub through until he pulls out the S-Pen. I got a few things I didn't know and also some reminders of things I'd forgotten in Flossy Carter's Real Review of the Note 10+ on YouTube.

As far as camera tricks I'm gonna have to see if I can remember this guy's name. He's a photographer that does some good in depth stuff on YouTube. I'll post back later after I have time to look. I shoulda just subscribed to his channel when I originally found him, but I'm a dummy like that.

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
You can go into settings and scroll all the way down to help and hints , forget the name but runs you through your phones capabilities.

Hey thanks! I didn't know that. Ill try that out.

The one thing that I noticed(and I like) if if you forget where a setting is and search for it..it not only takes you there to the section that it is in, but it briefly highlights it for you as well.

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
There are a few S-Pen tips and tricks on the last page of this thread. Some may be helpful.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...and-were-answering-your-qs-6.html#post6664861

Also, I know this video is super long, but you can scrub through until he pulls out the S-Pen. I got a few things I didn't know and also some reminders of things I'd forgotten in Flossy Carter's Real Review of the Note 10+ on YouTube.

As far as camera tricks I'm gonna have to see if I can remember this guy's name. He's a photographer that does some good in depth stuff on YouTube. I'll post back later after I have time to look. I shoulda just subscribed to his channel when I originally found him, but I'm a dummy like that.

Flossy Carter..i like his videos..Note 10 + on deck! lol..His videos are long but maybe i should watch that one and see if i find something that I didn't know. The manual that comes with the phone is hit or miss..sometimes its helpful and other times its not.

No worries, im the same way too..hope you find him..let me know! :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey thanks! I didn't know that. Ill try that out.

The one thing that I noticed(and I like) if if you forget where a setting is and search for it..it not only takes you there to the section that it is in, but it briefly highlights it for you as well.
Tips and helpScreenshot_20200212-150155_Tips.jpeg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Flossy Carter..i like his videos..Note 10 + on deck! lol..His videos are long but maybe i should watch that one and see if i find something that I didn't know. The manual that comes with the phone is hit or miss..sometimes its helpful and other times its not.

No worries, im the same way too..hope you find him..let me know! :)

Brent Hall has a good basics on pro mode explaining what all the different settings are and how to use them. Also some examples of them in action at the end. He makes several different camera/video focused Note 10 videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNjmPQABJ-8

Jonathan Casey has quite a few different videos on the Note 10+ with general photo tips and tricks, pro mode, S-Pen, DeX etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5McBcuFaHE8
That's the general photo tips and tricks.

I like his videos b/c he covers everything from general stuff all the way to lesser known tips and tricks. Plus he doesn't just focus on photography in all his videos.

sakitech is another YouTuber that covers all sorts of videos. Some of his are stuff I think most users know, but some get pretty in depth. His tend to be hit or miss for me though.

I also agree with @j_hansen. Jimmy is Promo does a great job covering everything Samsung.

Budman40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone already mentioned Flossy Carter, but look up Sakitech on YouTube. He has some pretty thorough tips and tricks. Some might be pretty basic but he covers a lot of stuff.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's this new thing called Google Search (sorry for the sarcasm, I couldn't resist) - just search for whatever you're looking for - note 10 camera in dark paces, accessing terminal in note 10, anything - and you should get at least dozens of links for any search.

(For the camera, try Kodak's site - they have a lot of tutorials on photography, and depth of field is depth of field, whether it's on a Hasselblad sheet film camera or a cellphone camera. f/1.5 is f/1.5, regardless of the camera [and that determines depth of field]. Opening the iris will make for a faster shot, eliminating some blurring. Thirds are still thirds. Photographic techniques developed in the 1930s still work on cellphones. [Look at some of Dorothea Lange's pictures - whether she shot them on a $1,000 camera or a $3 box camera makes no difference, the photographer is what makes the difference.])

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I recommend Sakitech, Jimmy and Flossy.
I just use [redacted by Mod], I can just go from video to video no ads etc....you have to watch alot.
If you are on face book you can join a ton of groups that give great tips too

Last edited by a moderator:

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I recommend Sakitech, Jimmy and Flossy.
I just use [redacted by Mod], I can just go from video to video no ads etc....you have to watch alot.
If you are on face book you can join a ton of groups that give great tips too

I'll watch Jimmy and Flossy. In fact Ive been watching Jimmy every day..his videos are amazing. This is just what I was looking for!

As for Saki, i don't like him. His voice is annoying and he put some guy on blast on youtube for asking for a phone. I mean i get that we probably shouldn't be doing that, but when people are doing giveaways, I mean closed mouths don't get fed, so I see his point, but to do that to a subscriber is wrong I think.

Last edited by a moderator: