Where is my music?

Mtneergirl

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
Hello! I just switched to a galaxy s9. Never had an Android before so it's all new to me. I'm trying to find where my music files are. I want to switch them to the SD card. I can't find them. I'm a total noob and what I've found online hasn't helped. Anyone?

Last edited:

BKKunz

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I just switched to a galaxy s9. Never had an Android before so it's all new to me. I'm trying to find where my music files are. I want to switch them to the SD card. I can't find them. I'm a total noob and what I've found online hasn't helped. Anyone?
Are they in your My Files App?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You mean Google Play Music? That just uploads them to your cloud account for sync access. You need to open the Play Music app on your phone and choose which songs you want synced to the phone.

Mtneergirl

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
I've got them there. I want to move them to the SD card so I can use Samsung music instead of Google play. I can't find where the files are for the songs :(

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I've got them there. I want to move them to the SD card so I can use Samsung music instead of Google play. I can't find where the files are for the songs :(

AFAIK you can't. Google Music is a proprietary format, kind of like how if you download from Spotify you can't see them using other players. If you wanted to use Samsung music player or other music players, you shouldn't have used Google Music to sync them.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Need to connect phone to computer, & transfer them straight to your SD card from iTunes. Then open a music app, ie Samsung Music, and they should be there.

However if you want to use GPM, you can pin (download) music to your SD within the app.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
hey, you can also just drop all your music into a "Google Drive" folder and download to your device from there, don't forget to be on Wi-Fi, and make samsung music your default music player.