Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
This is for anyone who used Samsung Pay that was working a majority of the time to where you are getting "declined". This happened to me recently. I was able to use it at Chick Fil A , but as of recent it would tell me my transaction was "declined". The trend carried on at other merchants and it was a head-scratcher for me. Make sure if you use Bank of America under the "Digital Wallet" option on the desktop I think it's under the settings tab, that only one card is active. IF you keep re-adding and deleting your card out of frustration, it will pile up and this is one reason it gets "declined transactions". Also, I reset my phone because the Samsung reps told me "there is a strong possibility that it will be fixed". I took the risk of resetting my phone and restoring everything back to the way it is. It works now and it's a sign of relief because it's just something that I have been used to as of recent.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Ya i wish samsungpay showed the back of card, card number and ccv, kinda annoying. Thats why it's in my wallet :/

Might just rig it in Beep n Go like i did my other necessary cards like health id.
Posted via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Using my Amex Green Card, it didn't work at Walmart. I tried it while she was ringing up and told her credit when she was done. When it didn't go through she asked to see the card, I said it was my phone, could I try again. I did and it failed again. I swiped my bank debit card and it went through. They have the chip style card readers.

Posted via the *Note 5*

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
At Houston airport sandwich shop, they refused to take Samsung pay. They didn't want to even try it. They asked for a plastic card.
Some people are just too far behind the technology

jonesyvoor

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
After a few dozen successful attempts I had a couple stumbles over the weekend.

I tried to use it at Chick Fil a on Friday and the system didn't recognize it at all.

I also attempted to use it yesterday and today at Lowe's and both times the reader said there was an error reading the card.

I had to get another similar item at Home Depot right after and it worked fine there.

I also used it at the Under Armour outlet store where the clerk said "did you just pay with your phone?? That's so cool!"

He had a Samsung phone and wasn't aware. He then asked me which bank cards you could use etc.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
After a few dozen successful attempts I had a couple stumbles over the weekend.

I tried to use it at Chick Fil a on Friday and the system didn't recognize it at all.

I also attempted to use it yesterday and today at Lowe's and both times the reader said there was an error reading the card.

I had to get another similar item at Home Depot right after and it worked fine there.

I also used it at the Under Armour outlet store where the clerk said "did you just pay with your phone?? That's so cool!"

He had a Samsung phone and wasn't aware. He then asked me which bank cards you could use etc.

Chk fil a offers mobile payments through their own app. So we know their pos terminals are newer. Im suprised it didnt work there. Unless samsung is atheist or something.

Edit: There was a post from 4 days before this post by NATHAN INNOCENT where it worked at chick fil a.

hysonmb

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had two places decline my debit transactions, Dash-in and 7-11. Both have chip enabled terminals and both worked with my not-yet-chipped BoA credit card using Samsung Pay. Hopefully they do something about this soon otherwise the cool new tech will quickly become useless.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone solved the 7-11 issue. I haven't tried it recently. I see that people keep getting declined for their transactions.

Hey guys I posted this response before but I'll post it again. When it comes to 711 it will always decline for some reason as debit. This is their system fault not samsung. With that being said when debit pops up hit the red cancel button and select it as credit. That will work. I tested it out at numerous 711 stores and the debit always decline but the credit part works. It'll work 100% as credit. Let me know if u guys had success when u changed it to credit.

ttrain68

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Its worked everywhere that it is supposed to so far though it was a bit finicky at office max last night but after the third try it went though. The cashiers are far more of a hindrance then anything else as they are skeptical at best.

hysonmb

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I posted this response before but I'll post it again. When it comes to 711 it will always decline for some reason as debit. This is their system fault not samsung. With that being said when debit pops up hit the red cancel button and select it as credit. That will work. I tested it out at numerous 711 stores and the debit always decline but the credit part works. It'll work 100% as credit. Let me know if u guys had success when u changed it to credit.
I'll have to try this. Does it work even if your card is specifically branded as a debit card? That's what mine is with Bank of America.

lqdsun

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ever since Samsung Pays update, my BofA debit cards are declined. Walmart, Target, Walgreens. I used jpeezy33 suggestion. Payments have now been successful selecting CREDIT. Thanks jpeezy33.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So your card can't be used as credit at any point anywhere? If it can be used as credit at all then it'll work. If it's only a debit card without a visa logo then only debit but I thought all cards nowadays had logo on them but I might be wrong on that.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
No worries my man, glad I could help u. With that being said for walmart,target Walgreens I use them as debit amd no problems, next time when u do it try it a second time but this time have the phone in a different spot maybe little higher up or lower and see what happens if that doesn't work then go back to credit.

On a side note I used my card today and got invalid key then I just moved it to a different spot and it worked I mean it worked in 2secs

lqdsun

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So your card can't be used as credit at any point anywhere? If it can be used as credit at all then it'll work. If it's only a debit card without a visa logo then only debit but I thought all cards nowadays had logo on them but I might be wrong on that.

i apologize for the miss communication. My debit cards (with the Visa logo) will only work as credit. I need to hit cancel when prompted for the pin, select credit, then it works fine. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe