Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I got a read error at Lowe's today. Tried 4 times. It just kept saying read error on the cashier's screen. Never made it far enough to select payment type or anything.

I see someone else above mentioned Lowe's. Anyone had success there?

Posted via the Android Central App

tim242

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Android Pay for NFC payments, Samsung Pay for others. Samsung Pay works every time at Walmart, Target, and Kroger. I use a B of A credit card on both, and have no problems. I also use a Citi Card on both with no problems. I haven't carried a wallet in 2 years. I carried two cards and my license loose in my front pocket. Now, I just carry my license, and one backup card. If I were to run into an issue with using my phone, I would not sweat it. I will just pull out my backup from my front pocket. As it stands now, I haven't swiped or inserted a card in almost 2 months.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Android Pay for NFC payments, Samsung Pay for others. Samsung Pay works every time at Walmart, Target, and Kroger. I use a B of A credit card on both, and have no problems. I also use a Citi Card on both with no problems. I haven't carried a wallet in 2 years. I carried two cards and my license loose in my front pocket. Now, I just carry my license, and one backup card. If I were to run into an issue with using my phone, I would not sweat it. I will just pull out my backup from my front pocket. As it stands now, I haven't swiped or inserted a card in almost 2 months.

I carry my id and backup debit card in my phone case wallet. It only hold 2 cards. Samsung wallet case ftw. I use beep and go to store my other cards for reference like health id, memberships, cosco, etc.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Wish I had a mini cam for my interactions with Samsung Pay. I used it at Arby's last night and literally the whole front line staff came over and watched and said it won't work,we don't have that and beep there it went. The manager was like I have that on my phone but it doesn't work. I said what do u have Apple? She said yep and I said that why lol. Then I explained it all to them of why it worked and the security of it.priceless got 2 free pumpkin spice shakes lol

deibid

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Wait, you can use Samsung Pay for NFC too, right?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea u can use samsung pay as NFC and as mst. I only use samsung pay and not android pay. I heard some people have issues when they have both setup but I heard others don't. BOA is pushing android pay with their cards but I'm like why use that when I can just use samsung pay as NFC the same way android pay or apple pay works. The only places that peole use the NFC are the ones where your bank isn't supported by samsung pay.

hysonmb

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion to go with credit instead of debit at terminals that deny BoA Debit cards Jpeezy33! I hit 7-11 this afternoon and the first try got rejected. I hit it again, changed to credit, transaction went through. Hopefully they don't address this loophole anytime soon!

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Some people say that you have to wait on cashier to select debit or credit or even pay with card for transactions to work. This is not the case 100% of the time. I have used samsung pay before where I used it before they inputted the price. Try this the next time u r at a self checkout after u scan your first item go and use samsung pay and then after you are done with transaction see what happens. I did this at Arby's where I have to scan it first then they inputted the price.

For the person who got error at Lowe's did u try different spot on the machine, and also ensure it is close if not tapping the machine as well as having the back of the phone facing the cc swipe. Just little tups that might work.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The reader error is that u should move the phone to different location a little up or down. That has happened to me b4 and that what I did to make it work.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The reader error is that u should move the phone to different location a little up or down. That has happened to me b4 and that what I did to make it work.

Tried multiple times in different spots. I've had over 100 successful transactions everywhere else. I plan to return soon and try again.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I went to Starbucks recently to try out Samsung Pay. At Starbucks, I noticed their mag stripe reader is easy to be seen. You would normally give your card to the barista, but there is a sticker with two little arrows. If you frequently go to Starbucks and want to use Samsung Pay, put it there. The baristas that were in charge of the register insisted that "Apple Pay doesn't work". The process was so fast that by the time they finished stating that, they were in shock about how the receipt just spit out of the machine. They asked how did I do it and I explained to them because they were so curious. One of the baristas said "I have an S6 but never decided to use it. Now I will because thats the coolest thing I've ever seen".

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Some people say that you have to wait on cashier to select debit or credit or even pay with card for transactions to work. This is not the case 100% of the time. I have used samsung pay before where I used it before they inputted the price. Try this the next time u r at a self checkout after u scan your first item go and use samsung pay and then after you are done with transaction see what happens. I did this at Arby's where I have to scan it first then they inputted the price.

For the person who got error at Lowe's did u try different spot on the machine, and also ensure it is close if not tapping the machine as well as having the back of the phone facing the cc swipe. Just little tups that might work.

At circle K i did this and it worked. While they were ringing me up i used samsung pay on the terminal, hit credit then waited for them to enter all items i was buying. Then finished on terminal, maybe i hit ok or something. Anyway, pre samsung pay credit worked, usbank debit card. Thanks jpeezy.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Walmart today It went through entire process but then it said unable to read ATM or credit. I don't know why this happen but I have never had this happen at WalMart before.