Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Did it work at Walmart and 711?

Yep both places 711 of course credit and Walmart very fast I did it while the cashier was ringing up the sale. I have done that numerous times at grocery store,kohls where I use Samsung Pay while they are still ringing up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just had it work at local butcher shop they had nfc, cashier said your the first person to use that I said I wanted to use it another way (referring to mst) he said oh you talking bout samsing pay I was like yea your the first person cashier that knows what it is.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Our local sheetz gas stations have nfc in all their pumps.. But they are turned off. Beeps and says not supported. Seems to be a big waste of hardware.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So, when does putting in the PIN work? When you're only doing cash back? I watched a bunch of SP videos on YouTube, and most, like me, want to use the debit card (Chase) but NOT enter in a pin, so 'credit' is used. I get that...but how does the debit work?

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So, when does putting in the PIN work? When you're only doing cash back? I watched a bunch of SP videos on YouTube, and most, like me, want to use the debit card (Chase) but NOT enter in a pin, so 'credit' is used. I get that...but how does the debit work?
It works exactly like it did before. Same pin number as before. I am also using chase debit and use it as a debit card. When it asks for a pin I use the pin from my actual physical debit card. Works like a charm. The only place that I go that doesn't work and NEED to be run as credit is 7-11.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Off subject guys but with all the promotions that are offered when signing up for samsung pay, do u think u can delete your card and readd it to benefit from the promotions. I know I did that from the beta to release for the charger?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Off subject guys but with all the promotions that are offered when signing up for samsung pay, do u think u can delete your card and readd it to benefit from the promotions. I know I did that from the beta to release for the charger?

It won't hurt to try

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It works exactly like it did before. Same pin number as before. I am also using chase debit and use it as a debit card. When it asks for a pin I use the pin from my actual physical debit card. Works like a charm. The only place that I go that doesn't work and NEED to be run as credit is 7-11.

This worked exactly how you described. Thank you!

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I went to a Fedex store tonight to ship a package. After the clerk filled out the form, I wanted to pay with my SP and it failed on all my cards (CC and debit) . I don't carry cash or card on me as you all know. I walked out with my package.

I came home and did it on my computer, paid Online, and printed the shipping label. I will drop it off at the Fedex store tomorrow.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Sounds suspicious. I would go to findmymobile.Samsung.com and double check Samsung pay still has all the cards. I know they spontaneously deleted my card once

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So I'm attaching a pick of a machine where the swipe is at top. How would I use SP on it? Hold the phone above or where?

Attachments

• 1451600648164.jpg
    1451600648164.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 30

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So I'm attaching a pick of a machine where the swipe is at top. How would I use SP on it? Hold the phone above or where?
Looks like the one at my 7-11. I hold my phone sideways with the camera lens centered in the middle of the slot. If you look down in the slot you can see the reader heads in the center. Center the camera over this area.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

Yea like Scott said you can hold it sideways I did that for awhile and then tried it the normal way just have the camera lens part over the reader but make sure u hit cancel and select credit. Not debit.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yea like Scott said you can hold it sideways I did that for awhile and then tried it the normal way just have the camera lens part over the reader but make sure u hit cancel and select credit. Not debit.

But, what if I wanted to use debit? It should work the old way with using the PIN from the physical card...

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Here we go again I'm getting not authorized for transactions even as credit this is getting ridiculous.

Wayne Thomason

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
For the first time ever I got "NOT AUTHORIZED" at Kroger on both debit and credit. The debit transaction even asked me for a pin and *ACCEPTED* the pin before popping up on the cashier's side as not authorized.

I'm hoping it has something to do with being the end of the year. If SP works on GMT time, then it's already January 1st, 2016 even though the register terminal tells SP that it's Dec 31 2015.

It worked for me this afternoon around 2:30 pm CST. I tried again at 8:00 pm CST at Kroger and got the "not authorized." I am in GMT-6 so it's already 02:00 GMT on the first when I tried the last transaction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky